You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I'm new

Sam Thompson 924129

Sam Thompson 924129
Posted
Posted

Hi, I am new to VATSIM and Flight Simulator. I was wondering how to get started. I downloaded the Complete VATSIM Software Package for Microsoft Flight Simulator, but now I am kind of lost.

Steven Cullen
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Welcome to VATSIM.

I suggest registering with the VATSIM Pilot Resource Centre (PRC), which can be found here.

Have a read, try the lessons/quizes and any questions still unanswered can be posted back here.

Sam Thompson 924129
Posted
Posted

Thanks

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

Welcome to VATSIM

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=1297

^ that is a guide i did, i personaly think its easy to understand, but others wont

try it if you get stuck useing the PRC guide

British Airways | B737 | EGLL

logo-red-small.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> personaly think its easy to understand, but others wont

Martin Tait, you might want some more feedback.

So here is my personally opinion:

As I understand your guide is missing some major step, such as FS2004 Multiplayer Join, and opening firewall ports. So I guess no one can connect using your guide.

Some other step, such as Squawkbox Player name is not according to PRC. It might work for you, but it's confusing for user that PRC say one thing and your guide say another, when the fact is that the PRC is working in this matter.

The PRC, (even if not 100% but close to ) is complete, has pictures, is proved by a lot of users.

How you want, it's your call, but I think you better help by answer some specific questions you feel sure about.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

indeed, thanks for ur view on it Lennart , that guide was made from a MSN discution i had with afew people , and the firewall step was not included because i dont need to do that.

also, it wasnt in that GRATE a detail because the person that posted that topic, i had been talking to in MSN so it was kind of a follow on as i had to go out

anyway, thanks for ur view

logo-red-small.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Thanks for reply direct back on my post. Im sure the guide did make sense in an other situation.

And thanks for all your engagement in Vatsim and other pilots issues.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

this is the reason VATSIM is so good. Grate, friendly, helpfull people

logo-red-small.png