You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

WSAETIMEOUT Error

Fernando Oliveira 826538

Fernando Oliveira 826538
Posted
Posted

I'm getting this error when trying to connect to VATSIM

Thks,

Biga

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

mmmmm, i have had a "time out" error before, but that was because i have little lights on the bottom of the windows menu bad and they need to be green, green = connected to the internet/ internet requesting something.

maby that is the case?

British Airways | B737 | EGLL

logo-red-small.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes, you might have a bad connection to Vatsim Server. This could in specific be true if you manage to connect, but then soner or later get this error.

You can test your connection speed and reliable to Vatsim, see subject: 5. Startup and test applications. (the: ServInfo at page "Network Servers").

Subject: 2. Squawkbox "SB Host.exe". can also possible create this problem.

If you use router with UPnP, set "UPnP disable".

Here is the link to that subjects: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

If you never manage to connect, it's more like you have not valid IP-address /IP-name to a Vatsim Server.

There is other way to get a valid IP-address, but as I do I look Vatsim site -> WHO'S ONLINE -> SERVERS and then I write the adress (e.g. 80.249.98.88 ) into Squawkbox.

Primary chose a one close to your loaction (where you live, not where you airplane is), try several if needed.

Edited by Guest

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

thats wierd, i live in UK, when i connected to vatsim on UK server the LAX_GND couldnt get all the info i sent in the FP, but when i connected on the USA server it was all good

British Airways | B737 | EGLL

logo-red-small.png

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

Yeh sometimes the servers hiccup and don't send info to each other. The same thing happened reicently when I was flying in the US connected to the Oceania server, I dropped off his radar for about 5 mins, but then it came back without me or him having done anything to rectify the situation.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

All connections can fail. As well as the user connection can fail, the Vatsim servers internee connections can fail.

If the Vatsim servers internee connections fail, thing can happend like you describe, FP doesn's come, dropped off radar. I haven't heard much of this problem and all previous recommendation in forum say connect where you live, it's not just my idea.

If user connection fail, the user is disconnected and need to reconnect. If this issue is repeated for a user, the solution could bee to get a good user connection.

Anyone that have other experience, please do what works best.

In addition I should say near server doesn't need to be good connection, best is to look ServInfo for connection relability and reply-time.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Fernando Oliveira 826538
Posted
Posted

I realized that the address in the squawkbox for the server I was triyng to connect was wrong, corrected the problem I was able to connect.

Thanks,

Fernando