You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TWRTrainer MP quirks

Chris Brew 814351

Chris Brew 814351
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm running MS Vista 32-bit and have a couple of minor problems when using the Tower view in conjunction with TWRTrainer aircraft

1- Many aircraft appear too low with their gear hidden. The elevation in the .apt file is the same as the initial altitude for all aircraft in the .air file. I'm guessing this has to do with the aircraft models and a value in their config file. This is just a minor cosmetic thing that I dont mind.

2- I can only have 5 aircraft in a MP session in the Tower view. If I load an .air file containing more than 5 aircraft into TWRTrainer no MP session will be detected. If I try to manually add an aircraft with 5 already in the session the new one simply does not appear.

Any help or insight appreciated!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The elevation in the apt file probably doesn't match your scenery. Simple adjust it until it's right. Make sure you adjust the starting altitudes for aircraft on the ground in your .air files too.

As for your problem with the MP session, I have no idea. I have no problems viewing over a dozen TWRTrainer aircraft in FS. I've never tested on Vista, though.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 4 weeks later...
Chris Brew 814351
Posted
Posted

Ross,

The elevation issue is now gone for me and so is the problem I was having regarding seeing only five aircraft at once. It was some type of router deal initially because when I did a direct connection of the internet to the computer I was able to see 40+ aircraft at once. But later when I ran through the router again, the issue did not return. So that was nice- but strange

New small problem is that I clicked on the option in MS to display the aircraft data in the MP session once, and now I cant get rid of them. Even when the option is not selected, I see the aircraft labels in the MP session. I have no idea what that is all about. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's a new one on me.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC