You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

new here

Tim Neufeld 1013459

Tim Neufeld 1013459
Posted
Posted

Hello all. My name is Tim. I just got on to the VATSIM experience, I think its going to be lots of fun! I am from Calgary and naturally want to 'fly' out of YYC. I was just wondering how/when/where I can log in to get a controller out of the YYC field? What server do I have to log into etc. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I have been ingesting lots of information getting going and my brain might just be fried. Thanks for your help

ps...I fly tail C-TIMN so if you see me stay out of my way haha

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

Hey Tim,

Welcome to VATSIM and I'm glad your interested in controlling in Canada. You first need to register at www.vatcan.org . After you have applied and are accepted, you need to find some time to find an instructor from Calgary and he will give you all your training materials. Study them and you will eventually be put to the test.

Have fun!

Joshua Black

Tim Neufeld 1013459
Posted
Posted

sorry i guess my post was worded poorly. I want to fly into calgary and edmonton and other western canada airports but the only controllers I have seen are Vancouver. does YYC ever get a controler?

Michael Smith
Posted
Posted
sorry i guess my post was worded poorly. I want to fly into calgary and edmonton and other western canada airports but the only controllers I have seen are Vancouver. does YYC ever get a controler?

it is.. just depends what time you fly

Andrew Matthews 985409
Posted
Posted

Unfortuneately, Calgary staffing seems to be a bit of a rarity. Shame too...I'd love to fly out of Calgary more.

Maybe I'm just not on at the right times.

Tim, I'd say to get you want, you're gonna need a pretty nifty stroke of luck.

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted
Unfortuneately, Calgary staffing seems to be a bit of a rarity. Shame too...I'd love to fly out of Calgary more.

Apply to guest control in ZEG FIR then, Andrew. Lead by example.. if you decide to go out there, maybe you'll get someone else interested in it too.