You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

help

Brian Smith

Brian Smith
Posted
Posted

I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume I am doing something wrong, but I have not been able to get vROUTE to accept routes out of Russia. I even tried to add the route, but when it verified the route (it's based on AIRAC 0709), it denied almost every single waypoint. Which makes no sense if I am trying to get in a new route. Where do the WPs come from for vRoute?

5212673872_4ab659a0ab_m.jpg

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Brian,

vroute, as a freeware piece of software, operates on the latest freeware airac cycle which is 0608. More information can be found at http://www.vroute.net/content/view/73/1

regards,

Michal

vroute.net founder

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted
Brian,

vroute, as a freeware piece of software, operates on the latest freeware airac cycle which is 0608. More information can be found at http://www.vroute.net/content/view/73/1

regards,

Michal

Im willing to donate to make this great piece of software much better

955672.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

OK, i'll be looking for an opportunity for you

Michal

ps. i'm working on delivering fresh AIRAC cycle support and from a technical point of view almost everything is ready. What is still outstanding is permission from Navigraph Software.

vroute.net founder

Brian Smith
Posted
Posted

It appears to be a brilliant piece of work, no doubt. Thank you for the information. Any clues as to why it would reject Russian waypoints and NDBs? Russia is not a signatory to the ICAO agreement I believe. Could that be an issue?

Brian

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

As usual, I need more data to give an answer. Examples, please?

Michal

vroute.net founder

Brian Smith
Posted
Posted

My flight from UUEE to Paris. It rejected most of the waypoints. These are from the latest airac, but are older waypoints.

AR25D BG R805 TU R11 RATIN UN858 BOKSU N858 GRU UN858 DRE UM994 PENEK UL980 GALKU Q201 POVEL UL986 DLE UZ717 ABAMI UZ907 KENUM UM170 DINAN DINA4E

Is that the data you needed?

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Yes. This route indeed fails vroute's internal checks for airac cycle 0608 (old, free) and for 0709 (fresh, payware). It also fails Eurocontrol CFMU checks, however they only verify the European part and not the Russia's NDBs.

The AR25D waypoint is not Navigraph's current dataset for cycle 0709, so the flight plan cannot be entered into any recent FMC. In that same dataset, RATIN is not a part of R11 airway. And DINA4E appers to be an invalid name, it should be DINAN4E.

Basically, there's no chance this route might work, with of or without vroute.info.

Michal

vroute.net founder