You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Some users not seeing vRoute Community Invitations

Mark Richards

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Michal

I have invited several members of a VA that I manage the vRoute Community for and some state that they cannot see the invitation. On each occasion I simply entered the VATSIM ID and vRoute recognised the member as a vRoute user. This is not the case for granting access by Email (not even used that function yet!).

Originally I thought this was something unique to my community but then yesterday a friend was having the same issue with another community he is managing with one of his users. He sent me an invite to join and it worked fine.

On all occasions, I have checked and the user expecting the invite is using the latest version of vRoute (i.e. they can see the Communities tab) and they confirm that their membership is VERIFIED.

I'm not sure if there's something with what the user is doing or what I am doing, so looking to you for wise words!

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I need some facts, please. Community name, member's VATSIM ID, and I will check it. Two-three cases will be sufficient.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Michal

1. Community: Virtual Air New Zealand - Invite sent by me (811451) to Glen Anderson - 821301 on 19AUG07 but never received and subsequently expired. I can resend if you would like me to.

2. Community: SimCOA - Invite sent by Jason Epps-Eades (835967) to Cameron Dunne - 941203 on 07SEP07 but never received. Jason sent one to me as a test about an hour later and it worked fine.

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Glen Anderson is probably a vroute user - there are three registrations with this name, each one with a different .nz or .au email. But none of these were ever linked to a VATSIM ID, therefore the invitation could not show on his start page. Glen needs to start up vroute, go to configuration page and enter his PID.

Note that the email that is sent out is just a reminder. It is possible it might get lost, flagged as spam or someone could have mistyped the address. What matters is that an invitation in database is linked to a PID and vroute.info configuration is (optionally) also linked to a PID. If these two match, the invitation will show up for certain.

In case of Cameron Dunne there was indeed a case which I did not foresee. Cameron has installed & registered vroute.info twice, and invitations were attached to the "wrong" (probably not used anymore) installation. I will have to fix that part of the program.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

OK, invitations will now be internally attached to a VATSIM PID, not to a vroute's internal user id. This way if someone has vroute on multiple computers, the invitation will show everywhere rather than on the 1st one.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Excellent, thanks Michal.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Jason Epps-Eades 835967
Posted
Posted

Hello Michal,

Cameron Dunne is getting this error when trying to accept his invite:

Error Fetching from server: 500 invalid inv_id

Thanks

Jason Epps-Eades

New Zealand DCRM

Co-Founder VATNZ

Schedule Co-Ordinator - www.phoenixva.org

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

That was an ugly case of insufficient testing before releasing. Sorry, please try again now.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Jason Epps-Eades 835967
Posted
Posted

Wow Michal,

That was quick.

Thanks and all sorted!

Cheers

Jason

New Zealand DCRM

Co-Founder VATNZ

Jason Epps-Eades 835967
Posted
Posted

Gidday Michal,

Are you able to have a look at another one for me?

I (PID:835067) have sent an invite to Shelly J. (PID:1017705) and she's not received the invite from me.

I've tried canceling it and resending but still not receiving.

Cheers

Jason

New Zealand DCRM

Co-Founder VATNZ

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Everything seems to be in order in this case. She has registered, entered her VATSIM ID, logged on today in the afternoon, definitely after you posted the invitation. I'm 99.9% sure she has the invitation displayed on start page of vroute. I can check more details tomorrow if it still doesn't work.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Jason Epps-Eades 835967
Posted
Posted

Cheers Michal,

I've emailed the member referring her to this thread and win come back to you if needed.

Thanks for your continued support - It's a great add-on and I really appreciate it and you

Cheers

Jason

New Zealand DCRM

Co-Founder VATNZ

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Michal

Another for you - Steven Cullen 841154 has been invited by the vRoute Community VA thingy set up by Skip Fulton and VOZ Virtual as per your announcement of yesterday and he can't see the invitation.

Regards.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I logged in "as" Steven (using the computer ID that he most recently used yesterday) and got the following on screen immediately:

skip.png

Michal

vroute.net founder

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Thanks Michal, I will have him check again.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

• 3 weeks later...
Barrie Hiern 890926
Posted
Posted

Hello Michal,

I've had to change my email address and consequently reinstall vroute. How do we make my invite come back???

Thank You Sir,

Barrie Hiern

PID - 890926

Delta Virtual Airlines

Terry Eshenour
Posted
Posted

As the moderator of DVA community, I can advise that you are a member of the community. Therefore, you should expect no invitations to join.

Regards,

Terry

Regards,

Terry Eshenour

President

Delta Virtual Airlines

Barrie Hiern 890926
Posted
Posted

Thank You Terry, I appreciate all that you've done in regards to this matter.

Barrie

Terry Eshenour
Posted
Posted

Barrie,

I received your email and screenshot indicating that you are not showing as a member of DVA community.

Suggest that we try to re-initiate the process. I will remove you as a member of the community while making certain that you are on the invitee list. Then the next time you use vroute you should receive an invite.

Regards,

Terry

Regards,

Terry Eshenour

President

Delta Virtual Airlines

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Some people re-install vroute and at the second time, use a different email address. This causes vroute to consider this as a fresh person, even though it's the same VATSIM id. The easiest solution is to:

- uninstall vroute

- install again but this time use the same ("old") email address

If the "old" email is not working anymore, email me directly and i'll try to sort this out manually.

I guess I will have to simplify the process a little, but at the moment i'm busy with other improvement areas.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Terry Eshenour
Posted
Posted

Michal,

Thank you. It is the smaller details that often trip up the system.

I believe that we will get Barrie's situation resolved using this technique or by me removing him from the community and then sending him a new invite.

Regards,

Terry Eshenour

President

Delta Virtual Airlines

Barrie Hiern 890926
Posted
Posted

Terry,

That worked! Thank You!

Barrie

• 1 year later...
Lluis del Cerro 810821
Posted
Posted

Hi Michal,

One of our pilots (Xavier Leon - ID 846855) has received and accepted the invitation to join our community (Catalonian Airlines) twice, however he is not displayed in the members list. Could you fix that please?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Lluís

Lluís del Cerro

Senior Instructor

http://www.catalonian-airlines.cat

vatsim_5000h.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I have no information to verify that this person has indeed received and accepted an invitation. For certain, he is not a member of Catalonian VA community at this moment and there are no pending unaccepted invitations. There's only one account for this PID so I see no reason why this process might go wrong.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Lluis del Cerro 810821
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I have no information to verify that this person has indeed received and accepted an invitation.

He has officially reported this to the membership department or our VA requesting our [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance to solve it.

There's only one account for this PID so I see no reason why this process might go wrong.

Neither do we. If you have time to see what may happen, just ask for any data you may need.

Thanks,

Lluís

Lluís del Cerro

Senior Instructor

http://www.catalonian-airlines.cat

vatsim_5000h.png