You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New African VACCs

Alex Rawlings 893321

Alex Rawlings 893321
Posted
Posted

Hey there guys!

I was just really wondering if there's any talk of new VACCs opening in Africa (preferably the south!) We could all really benefit from having someone doing Botswana or Zimbabwe etc some evenings. I know I'm definitely not the person to go about setting up those sorts of things, I just wondered if there was anyone that was?

I see this evening Tony has opened up FCCC_CTR which is another good sign for us! Any chance of new ATC coming further south?

Thanks

Alex

5967.pngc1.gif

Tony Kovacs 958372
Posted
Posted

I've spoken to Andre about this before that we would be willing to help out by manning some neighboring FIRs the next time VATSAF does an event. You guys just need to let us know when your doing an event and we'l see what we can do. As far as other VACCs in Africa there have been individuals that have proposed starting VACCs here but so far none of these people have followed through with their goal.

I really think that some sort of firm structure, guidelines and procedures needs to be placed into effect in VATAME that allows and encourages people to start a VACC in Africa and the Middle East since at this time I find that is really lacking. There is a whole tonne of opportunities and lots of VACCs that can be started with only a few people. You don't need to have an entire army of controllers to create a VACC here.

I sure hope that people will indeed decide to start VACCs in this remote and exotic part of the world but VATAME has to also be on board.

Tony Kovacs

MOVCON - Movement Control Instructor

http://www.vatcaf.org

"Who Cares Who's the Best!"

Until heaven is open 24/7 just waiting for you to screw up this is all just a game.

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

VATSIM West Africa is in the works but I dont have any ATC ratings yet.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png