You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Taxiways not visible

Anupam Bhatt 1016295

Anupam Bhatt 1016295
Posted
Posted

I dont know why but am not able to see the taxiways,aprons etc in EuroScope.

The sector file i am using is the same which i used for VRC and it worked fine in VRC and displayed me all taxiways rwy's etc.

The only error i see is "could not load sector file extension".

Any ideas on how can i enable taxiway display?

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

the error means, that there i no .ese File for the current sectorfile. check http://euroscope.hu/wiki/index.php?page=Quick_Start

that it's not showing taxiways might have different reasons. Did you activate them? Maybe you activated too much at a time. ES can't handle as much things as VRC can at a time, so it might be that it just stopped showing them. (happens for example if I try to show every VOR/FIX/NDB in our sectorfile.) Or there might be a problem with the sectorfile format, again check the wiki linked above for that.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Anupam,

Be sure to open the Other Settings/Display Settings dialog. There you can switch on/off items individually. As default (depends on how you defined your taxiways) they are not switched on.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Anupam Bhatt 1016295
Posted
Posted

Thanks Gergely and Stephan for your response.

The key point here was "how we define the taxiways for a particular sector file".

Turning the GEO display "ON" brought the taxiways up on the display !

Thanks again for your help. The scope looks great, although not a "start it and you are all set" kinda thing

Good Work !