You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Creating sectors

Mark Jansen

Nikita Kapko 1015297
Posted
Posted

It will be good

Todor, I reread ES Guide and cant find how to create always active sector. If this real, can you help me and explaine how to do that?

vaccua_baner.jpg

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

What exactly do you mean with "always active"? Every sector with you as owner is always active, unless you restrict it to a specific runway configuration.

http://www.euroscope.hu/wiki/index.php?page=ESE_Files_Description

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Niko, as Stephan said, every sector which match your freq. and call sign in the ESE file and you have active position will be set to active. For the area you want, just define it as a sector, give it DISPLAY property, and set the OWNER to the position you want. If the area is active always, just give put every position as a OWNER, in these case in any position you take the area will be lighted.

Nikita Kapko 1015297
Posted
Posted

Stephen, if the buffer zone own to me, I will not see change freq notification and the buffer zone idea will be lossen!

Okey. Thanks Todor and Stephen. I think thats my idea with buffer zone notification is unreal. So, I wiil try to not forgot about it.

vaccua_baner.jpg

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

What you could do is, have the sector borders displayed when you and the next sector are online, even though it might be not the borderline of your sector. That would at least be some visual reference for the buffer zone, but it would not work with UNICOM.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Nikita Kapko 1015297
Posted
Posted

Thanks Stephen for idea!

But I think it will be only line. I can made it in SIDs or STARs section or in GEO and it is no differencies with sectorline. It's dont create for me a notification.

vaccua_baner.jpg

• 3 months later...
Robin van den Honert 10373
Posted
Posted

VATDRC is thinking about it. But i'm not that a hero with programming and stuff. So maybe if some help would be provided i could do some ESE files for DRC.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Robin,

Do not hesitate to ask question. Someone will surely help as I see from the previous posts.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 4 months later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Marcin,

There is no way to define the visibility range in the sectorfile. You have to do that in the connect dialog before connecting.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
Than I don't understand part of ES wiki I've quoted above

Marcin, in the sct there is now visibility range, but there is a center for the sector which is a default, look for something like this

[iNFO]

BULGARIA AIRAC 0807

LBSR_CTR

LBSF

N042.30.00.000

E024.00.00.000

".rcenter" changes that default sector center with coordinates N042.30.00.000 E024.00.00.000

So all you have to do is change these coordinates

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Marcin,

I do not think that a hotkey will make it much faster. To clean up the memory and then rebuild all information from the SCT/ESE pair takes time. Especially if your SCT is big enough.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer