You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Overflying the UK, but where?

Michelle Ter Heide 980773

Posted
Posted

At this moment I am creating a random route from LFPG to the USA. And, obviously, I need to find a route over the U.K to reach, in this case, AGORI, I just don't know where to enter British airspace for that purpose. GURLU and ALESO are ruled out according to the British Route Availability Docomeent. SOVAT would seem to be a useful fix at first sight, but the French Route Availability Docomeent prevents me from getting there. It seems, therefore, that I should fly around the UK to Ireland to get to AGORI. However, I am not sure whether I am correct in saying this. If someone could [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist me in finding a correct route to WELIN, I would be really happy

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

How about getting to JSY (Jersey, Channel Islands) somehow from LFPG and taking the UN160 to CRK (Cork, Ireland) and then onto the next waypoint, which could be the NAT.

routingjg7.jpg

vatme-sig.jpg

Posted
Posted

That's indeed the one I have found (LGL UN502 JSY UN160 DEVOL UP979 AGORI is correct according to the Eurocontrol plan checker). When plotting this route on a map, however, it seems like such a strange line, that I am starting to believe that I am doing something wrong. I just don't know what.

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

That should be fine

vatme-sig.jpg

Posted
Posted

Okay, thanks!