You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Appearance in Controller List

Opher Ben Peretz 882232

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Hello, last one for today:

I have defined relevant nearby ATC positions, example Cairo Control defined as CAC and Cairo Approach defined as CAA. CAC appears correctly, but Cairo Approach appears as 10. I've seen this only with some but not all ATC postions of approach level and below. Why?

Regards, Opher Ben Peretz

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Sami Ylismaki 878340
Posted
Posted

Could you paste the relevant positions as defined in the ESE file along with the actual callsigns and frequencies that were used when the ID failed to work?

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

HECC_CTR:Cairo Control:127.700:CAC:C:HECC:CTR:HECC:CTR:-:-:

HECA_APP: Cairo Approach:119.050:CAA:A:HECA:APP:HECA:APP:-:-:

The first appears as CAC, the second as 10.

Could you paste the relevant positions as defined in the ESE file along with the actual callsigns and frequencies that were used when the ID failed to work?

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Sami Ylismaki 878340
Posted
Posted

I can't see any other fault in those lines except for the extra space in front of Cairo Approach. Try removing the extra space and see if it helps. If it doesn't then I can't say anything else than to verify that the frequency matches along with the callsign.

You can also test the situation yourself by creating a small scenario in which you name the positions. To verify the ID you don't even have to bother joining with a client because the positions are visible to the host once set up.

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Thanks Sami,

at age 62 with once excellent eyes coupled with aging and not so rapid memory, it is probably the cause.

I can't see any other fault in those lines except for the extra space in front of Cairo Approach. Try removing the extra space and see if it helps. If it doesn't then I can't say anything else than to verify that the frequency matches along with the callsign.

You can also test the situation yourself by creating a small scenario in which you name the positions. To verify the ID you don't even have to bother joining with a client because the positions are visible to the host once set up.

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Sami Ylismaki 878340
Posted
Posted
Thanks Sami,

at age 62 with once excellent eyes coupled with aging and not so rapid memory, it is probably the cause.

The person at age 62 seems to be doing very well with new softwares that can give a headache even to people under 30.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Opher,

I have made a quick test. I added the lines to an ESE file (just copy/paste, no correction at all). I started a simulation session and started to simulate both controllers (HECC_CTR and HECA_APP). They both appeared in the controller list as CAC and CAA respectively. It seems that your definitions are correct and can be recognized. Can you check again if the controllers were connected with the right callsign and also importantly with the right primary frequency. EuroScope uses not only the callsign pre and postfix but also the primary frequency to match the positions.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Servus Gergely,

I'll get back with an answer when available, thanks.

Opher,

I have made a quick test. I added the lines to an ESE file (just copy/paste, no correction at all). I started a simulation session and started to simulate both controllers (HECC_CTR and HECA_APP). They both appeared in the controller list as CAC and CAA respectively. It seems that your definitions are correct and can be recognized. Can you check again if the controllers were connected with the right callsign and also importantly with the right primary frequency. EuroScope uses not only the callsign pre and postfix but also the primary frequency to match the positions.

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted

Opher,

I was actually going to suggest to check if the controller had their prim. freq. active or not yet.

Another thing, for your info, the station is not called Cairo Approach, it's called Cairo Director. All other APP stations in Egypt are postfixed RADAR, i.e HESH_APP = Sharm El Sheikh Radar.

The space before the radio callsign shouldn't make a problem. I guess it was a prim. freq. issue.

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??