You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Must have addons for FS2004

Darijo Kutlesa 1028744

Darijo Kutlesa 1028744
Posted
Posted

So what are these "must have!"

Which of these do you got?

Which do you recommend?

I have PMDG 747, some scenaries for Vienna, Rome, Munchen and St. Maarten, AciveSky/Graphic.

Im pretty new in FS2004 so I want to check my equipment

With great power comes great responsibility.

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Hi Darijo,

Welcome to VATSIM.

Apart from SB3/FSInn, you're pretty much set for a great experience on VATSIM. PMDG 747 is an extremely realistic aircraft, AS weather is the add on weather program of choice for the majority of VATSIM users (again, very realistic) and with the scenery, it will make the whole experience more immersive.

As for suggestions on what else you should have, my only suggestions would be something like FSNavigator or FSBuild. FSNavigator is a very handy tool that you can use either as a flight planner/moving map or as a basic GPS/FMC for your aircraft that don't have these functions available to them. FS Build is a great flight planning utility that will also help you with things like V-speeds, weight and balance etc. It will also allow you to save your flight for multiple programs that you might use (eg. PMDG FMC format/AS6 format/FSNav format).

Other than that, it'd be the simple stuff like the PMDG 737NG, LevelD 767, PSS 757, Flight1 ATR, Dreamfleet, Carenado etc.. and also some extra sceneries. When it comes to scenery, check around. You don't always have to buy payware for good scenery. At Boston, our scenery is created by George Grimshaw of Fly!Tampa fame. It is absolutely incredible and also completely free. I also know that in Europe their are a lot of airports with good quality add on scenery that are freeware. Just check their websites.

Hope this helps. I'm sure if I missed anything, someone will let me know.

Cheers!

Paul.

Jim Karn 850752
Posted
Posted

Hi Darijo,

All very good responses from Paul above. If money is no object, consider any of the Ultimate Terrain releases for road, water, and landcl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] enhancements, FSGenesis terrain mesh and landcl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] products, Flight Environment for cloud, water and sky textures, and Ground Environment Pro for global colorized ground textures with an interface to Active Sky.

Regards,

Jim Karn

2mdotvp.png