You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Help Setting Up Voice ATIS

James O Grady 904153

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble setting up a voice ATIS. I've read through the manual and I've gotten a recording done and I start a single record playback as its just the 1 file, I then go to my comms panel and have my ATIS setup as follows:

Name:EIDW_ATIS

Frequency:124.520

Voice Server:voice2.vacc-sag.org

Channel:eidw_atis

However, when to go to tick the ATIS box in the 6 options, it gives me a warning of 'ATIS voice channel must match ATIS callsign ()'

What am I doing wrong?

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Seamus,

Most probably you did not connect for the ATIS. First you should go to the Connect dialog. Select EIDW as your ATIS airport. Click the Connect button on the right. Then go back to Voice communication setup and click the ATIS box. EuroScope can test if the channel name is the same as your callsign only after you connected.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

I spent much time trying to get ATIS to work. Can someone please write a tutorial on set-up, operation and update of text and voice ATIS. As a beginning, I'd like to simplify it for me, by re-recording each metar update from scratch and not work with pre-recorded sound tracks. Thanks

Regards, Opher Ben Peretz

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted

Fixed now, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

I have set up single file voice ATIS with text info too. Done according to design, but the recording cannot be heard by me on the ATIS channel (monitor and listen to freq) and others. Playback heard properly (upon selection on the ATIS voice setup panel). Help please, thanks.

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Opher,

Did you select the ATIS channel in the voice setup? And did you enable voice transmit and receive?

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

a. Of course.

b. In most case, either nothing at all is heard by any station, or my recordings work following activation but stop after a few minutes. Listening internaly through the voice ATIS panel always works, even when aircraft lose the voice track. Unable to ever hear it through "listen to freq" and "monitor". I can listen to other ATIS stations always. My voice comm is always very good, and my hardware and software seem to work correctly.

Opher,

Did you select the ATIS channel in the voice setup? And did you enable voice transmit and receive?

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Dominik Krasnewski 938562
Posted
Posted (edited)

Button 'start multiple record playback' MUST be pressed.

Edited by Guest

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Can it be firewall thing? Or Anti virus? Did you try to make multiple files ATIS, is the result the same?

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

For single file recording??

Button 'start multiple record playback' MUST be pressed.

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Negative. It is to me time consuming, and I do not plan to make multiple file recordings in the forseeable future, but I will test it.

Although it could be a firewall issue, how is it heard sometimes, if that is so?

Can it be firewall thing? Or Anti virus? Did you try to make multiple files ATIS, is the result the same?

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Opher,

If you can use your voice in other cases then it can not be a firewall problem. ATIS transfer works the very same way as your normal voice. It is not possible to listen back to your ATIS message using the "listen to freq" command as it wanted to use the same connection as the voice ATIS.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

I checked the following with negative results:

a. Multiple file ATIS

b. No firewall, just in case some unknown was there.

Neighbor ATIS is heard fine.

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Update on my experience with ATIS- v.2.9C:

The recording worked OK, a change from 2.9A. Following attempts to record the same single file failed. I was controlling and decided to not close and restart the program for this.

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg