You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Suggestion: Option to add route from Search

Mark Richards

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Michal

I was busy adding some routes to vRoute last night and I thought of an idea you might like to consider for a future release.

If I search on a route from either the standard search or advanced search and no route is found, could I suggest that if vRoute finds no routes at all, that a button to "ADD NEW ROUTE" where it propagates the departure and arrival airports into the ADD NEW ROUTE tab already. I know it only saves typing 8 characters but could be quite handy and might see people adding additional routes to the system?

Regards

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Will do. I initially excluded it because I thought that if you are searching for a route, that means you don't have it

Note that if your search is not based on complete ICAO codes, you still need to complete both ICAOs in the "add new route" page.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Agreed Michal but I'm going through real world routes as I find them and checking that they are in vRoute and provided that they work with the old AIRAC data, add them for everyone else to enjoy.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand