You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vanishing msg

Alain Verhaeghe 817811

Alain Verhaeghe 817811
Posted
Posted

Before, whenever I ordered a change of altitude with the mouse( AF 123 climb to FL120) or I did a hand off ( contact Paris radar on 128.100 good day) the messages would appear on the command line and I only did ENTER to send it. Now no messages any more, what have I done wrong?

Alain

PS: wonderful stuff this EUROscope

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted

Press your PRIM freq. button, and it will bring up your prim freq text channel.

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??

Xavier Van Nieuwenhuyse 81
Posted
Posted

Yes, interesting, some messages appear when handing off, etc. Is this docomeented? At what moment, in what conditions do they appear?

Xavier Van Nieuwenhuyse

Peter Selmeci 811548
Posted
Posted

Hello Xavier,

If I understand it right, you mean the automatic text for TEXT pilots. E.g: if you set an altitude let's say FL240 on the tag for a plane communicating via text, then it woud insert the proper: " Climb/Descend FL240 " in the chat bar. The same for handoffs, headings, etc.

Regards,

Peter

Alain Verhaeghe 817811
Posted
Posted

Yes indeed, this is exactly what I mean, the same for the hand off.

Regards

Alain

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Alain,

The automatic TEXT message feature works only for aircraft indicating TEXT or RECEIVE only communication type. If the flight plan has the /T/, /R/ in the comment or when you entered the communication type manually (F9 t). Actually if the TAG indicates /t or /r the messages are generated. But never for voice pilots.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted
Alain,

The automatic TEXT message feature works only for aircraft indicating TEXT or RECEIVE only communication type. If the flight plan has the /T/, /R/ in the comment or when you entered the communication type manually (F9 t). Actually if the TAG indicates /t or /r the messages are generated. But never for voice pilots.

I just discovered this feature yesterday. Wonderful stuff!

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??

Alain Verhaeghe 817811
Posted
Posted

Hi Gergely,

Thank you very much for your explanation. I thought I was going mad trying to find out how to make it work again!

Maybe in future version we should have an option to have it like now( default) or to have the handoff left on permanently (a must if you have a big Fly-in).

Thanks again,

Alain