You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CYUL white textures Help needed badly

Gabriel Adei

Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

Hello all, I downloaded the CYUL scenery from avsim. Nice work. However all my ground textures are white. I get all the buildings the taxi signs and markings and all the other goodies but the whole ground is white.

There were lots of downloads for this cyul2v1a, cyul2v1b, cyul2v1c, cyul2v1d, cyul2v1e, cyul2up1, cyul2up3, cyul9up1. I followed all instructions to the T. and even installed twice. I tried searching for a cyul2up2 but there was nothing like that on avsim.

Please help me if you experienced anything like this and found a solution to it. I even tried to turn off all other addons but still have this white ground and rwy. Must mention that is the only airport with this white ground. None of the other airports, defualt or addon has this.

I tried disabling one of the .bgl files that made reference to the ground textures CYUL_GNDTEXT_1.bgl and when I did the white ground went away, however all the defualt buildings reappeared and interfered with the addon which was not a pleasant sight so I had to enable it again and the white ground came back.

Help plz.

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

I got a complete install which my friend sent me as he had got his working correctly. I hate having to download all those parts. If you PM me your email Ill send it to you.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

PM sent. Thx

Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

I think Aggrey might have forgotten about me. I still need help if anyone of you can. Thx

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Gabriel

After reading about your problem I downloaded and installed scenery including the modified Nova035_lm.bmp file (to be placed in FS9 texture folder), included in the package.

Left the AFCAD file in the scenery folder. - All works fine.

If you did the same and things still don't look good, then check if there are any other sceneries in the area and make sure they have higher number in scenery.cfg or disable them

temporarily to see if that fixes the problem.

Other than these I can only think of FS9 textures missing.

Best of luck

Regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

Thx Joaquin for your response. Ok so first and foremost, I think I had not installed the Novatxt1 and replace it with the Nova035 update. So I went back and did it all again. Hunted for the Novatxt file and replaced as I shd. Moved the CYUL addon to number 1 in my addon scenery. However no ground textures other than the white tarmac rwys and every thing around the aiport. Even the gr[Mod - Happy Thoughts] has a white bleed in them. Any other suggetions? Appreciate your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance.

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Find out if perhaps there is a duplicate AFCAD file in your system for this airport.

Do a search of your FS9 directory using wildcard such as "*cyul.bgl". if you find anything

delete and use only the AFCAD that comes with the FS9 update files. Keep it in the

scenery folder for CYUL. One more thing I noticed when I unpacked the all the files

was that one of the zip files didn't unpack directly into the CYUL folder and I had to

move some bgls manually to the scenery folder.

I would unpack all the zip files one by one into an empty temp directory in strict order

(a,b,c,d,e, upd1, upd3 and fs9 update) making sure that everything is placed into the right folder.

Check this each time before you unzip the next file.

Also have you previously installed any Landcl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] or scenery files for the Montreal area

prior to this scenery?

Regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

I tried sending my installation to you but the attachment was too big.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

Well I have tried every thing under the sun now. I turned all installed scenery off including the main addon folder with the exception of cyul. Did a complete reinstall painstakenly making sure I follow every installation statement to the T. Still cant get cyul to work. I can see the main actual texture underneath the blanket of white because it showed itself when I tried to fly around. It just showed up slightly at certain veiw angles. However close up and the whole place is blanketed white. I am not sure of what else I can do. It my only scenery that I cant get to work. bummer

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

If you have MSN messenger. I can send it to you that way.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Paul Van Sebille 823628
Posted
Posted

Hi Gabriel,

Is this scenery for FS2002, are you using FS2004. If you are delete the original AFCAD and try the FS2004 AFCAD....

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004afcd&DLID=39371

Hope it helps

Good luck.....

2847.png

Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

I tried this AFCAD and no luck either. I believe there is something interfering with my cyul but I cant seem to see what. Because I turned every scenery off and yet still my cyul ground does not show its textures. It looks like someone put a sheet of white textures over the real textures. Because I can almost see the true texture beneath this blanket of white sheets. And its not snow either. I did delete an old afcad I had from an event modification before I did this one.

How unfortunate. Its my only addon scenery that is behaving like this.

Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

Aggrey I sent you my MSN contact. I really dont know what I have to do to make this work. Once I figure out how to post pictures I will post a satelite picture that shows a rectangular white patch over the cyul airport texture. Just within the aiport area and no where else. You can see through this patch to see the real textures underneath, but yet I cant seem to get rid of this white covering. How I wish I could open the .bgl file to see whats in there but then I am not a programmer so have no clue what to do to it.

• 3 weeks later...
Jean Morissette 857169
Posted
Posted

Hello Gabriel.

If that IS what you see near CYUL, it is normal.

It is real photos painted on the ground.

Look closely.

But read CAREFULLY the README.TXT files

about the FLATTEN stuff to do. . .

AND, if I remember WELL, the TEXTs says how

to remove those textures.

Blue skies.

I'm not driving too fast..!? I'm flying too low!

SEE the DVDs "What the BLEEP?! down the rabbit hole!"

P4, 2.6ghz, 1Gb RAM, 256mg ATI Radeon.

Here's Juliett Echo Alpha November, over.

Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

Jean, I think you are trying to help me. But I am not refering to the area around CYUL. I am actually talking about CYUL itself. If you look at the satelite photo, you can see that the whole CYUL seem to be covered with some triangular semi transparent white texture. That is the stuff I am referring to. And if you look at the other shot u actually see that under the taxi signs everywhere else is whitish. I actually put the flatten then in my scenery.cfg file and it still appeared.

Jean Morissette 857169
Posted
Posted

Hello again Gabriel.

The images are too small, to see what's wrong.

Really, I **don't** see what's wrong. . . B-)

I ALREADY had problems, with FS2002 and/or 2004,

and they went away when I came back to OLDER

drivers for my video card.

My problem was: BLACK textures on Autogen stuff. . .

It's an old NVIDIA MX/400 64 meg memory.

I came back to the old NVID4345.EXE drivers.

NVID6535.EXE was WAY to complicated.

Good luck. . .

I'm not driving too fast..!? I'm flying too low!

SEE the DVDs "What the BLEEP?! down the rabbit hole!"

P4, 2.6ghz, 1Gb RAM, 256mg ATI Radeon.

Here's Juliett Echo Alpha November, over.

Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

Jean please click on the link provide or the thumbnail to get a bigger picture. This is not a video card issue. Thx

• 2 weeks later...
Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

Can anyone else help with this issue I am having? Help if you can please.