You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CAn't reinstall fs9 can anyone help?

Dominic Russell 866138

Dominic Russell 866138
Posted
Posted

I had to re-install fs9 a couple of times before in the past and never had a problem but now i uninstalled it becuase there were loads of problems so now when i re-install from the CD it gets to 9% and sticks at the file douglas_dc3_1_D.bmp then will hold for 20 secs and then it comes up with an error saying "msfs 2004 has encountered a disk error while wrirting the file douglas_dc3_1_D.bmp. make sure your hard disk is not full and that the file is not in use"

Well my hard drive has over 33GB free so not a problem i also scanned it for errors and found none. And i'm sure the file was not in use as i closed everything down.

Does anyone have a clue i haven't been able to fly for a couple of days now and it's driving me CRAZY!!

If anyone has any suggestions i would be most grateful to hear them

Dom

19.png

Jason Garrett
Posted
Posted

1. Whats the operating system you are using?

2. Does the CD show any scratches?

3. have you run a scan on your CD its self? (this will not just scan your CD but give an Idea if the CD Rom has any seek timing problems).

Answers

Sign Here ________________________________________

Dominic Russell 866138
Posted
Posted

1. windows xp

2.CD looks fine

3.Not scanned the CD will try today

Thanks,

Dom

19.png

Nathan House 1014438
Posted
Posted

Dominic, I would try copying all the files from the CD into a folder on your hard drive, and then running the installation from there. If you can't even manually copy the files from the CD, then obviously the CD's damaged

Dominic Russell 866138
Posted
Posted

Found the problem my CD seems to have a scratch which i didn't notice before ( i checked with a disk scanner and it said there was a problem with one of the cab files on there) ! OH NO!! I am now using a tool to try and get the information from the CD onto my hard drive i will then copy these files back onto a different CD. If this works i may just back up all my FS9 cds.

Thanks Guys!

Dom

19.png

Dominic Russell 866138
Posted
Posted

Asking to have copyrighted files sent is a violation of the CoC and these forums. DRK

19.png

Dominic Russell 866138
Posted
Posted

apologies.

Dom

19.png

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
apologies.

Dom

I'm under the impression that Microsoft will replace the damaged disk.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Dominic Russell 866138
Posted
Posted

Yeah i'm trying to find out about that at the minute i was just looking for a quicker way but i will go down the microsoft route.

Dom

19.png

Jason Baker 1028693
Posted
Posted

Microsoft must also have stopped Support for FS9.

After a complete System Failure with recovery I am unable to find the 9.1 Update...

They say I have ADD. But, they dont understand... Ohh, look!!! A chicken!

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Microsoft must also have stopped Support for FS9.

After a complete System Failure with recovery I am unable to find the 9.1 Update...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=92cf4b8c-ea69-476b-a276-618c4ab52aaf&DisplayLang=en

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!