You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Visibility of other Controllers Restricked

Earl Miller

Earl Miller
Posted
Posted

Gergely,

When I start ES, I can see all controllers in my Sector and neighbor controllers . When On-Line I only see CTR. CTR and GND was On-Line. I signed in at TWR, OBS and APP but couldn't see Ground control. Center was fine each time. I have no controls installed or set for different air spaces among controllers. "GND-UNL". I checked all "Display Settings", and buttons to make sure they are all on. I'll continue to check this out. I've always been On-Line with a higher controller than me with no problems. I'm stumped on this one.

Any suggestions or Help would be appreciated.

Earl

Note: does this go back to the " .rcenter **** "?

Earl Miller

ZLC_ARTCC / MTN073

Euroscope Development Team.

Dare to fly the Rocky Mountains.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Earl Miller,

When you start ES it downloads the statistics data. As you are not yet logged on you do not have a range. I simply make all controllers visible within 300 NM range. When you go online your visibility range activates and it is probably less smaller than 300 NM. I just send the center and the range data to the server, then it calculates what controllers to be sent back. I have nothing to do with it.

And do not forget another thing. The statistics data may be a little bit outdated. It is from 10-15 minutes ago. So it can happen that you see someone online and when you log in he is no more there.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Earl Miller
Posted
Posted

Gergely,

In this case the CTR Controller was talking to GND controller and me(APP/TWR) at the same time. I could talk to Center but couldn't see or raise GND control. CTR could see me but GND couldn't. I signed in and out as TWR then APP about 3 times over a 40 minute period. Each time Chat with CTR, CTR with me and GND at the same time. I'll work it tonight to see if anything changes and post again tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply.

Earl

Earl Miller

ZLC_ARTCC / MTN073

Euroscope Development Team.

Dare to fly the Rocky Mountains.