You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

World Flight 2007

Terrence Scanlan

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

Its that time of the year again and the World Flight Group will be p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing through Canada and the USA between Thursday November 8th UTC 0510 and Friday November 9th UTC 1710 This year we are bigger than ever with 8 full sized cockpit sims and accompanying aircraft. Your participation is welcome so come and join us for some of the legs.

Flight plans can be found at www.worldflight.com.au in the OPERATIONS|DOWNLOADS section.

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

I'm just skimming over the flight plans you guys have selected. Not sure who is responsible for creating the flight plans, but I might suggest using flightaware.com or simroutes.com for preffered routes. I noticed none of the US destination flight plans contain any SIDs or STARs - I'm not sure that places like Washington D.C., Miami, or Phoenix will be too pleased with your selected routes.

I recall last year when you guys came to Chicago O'Hare (at least 30+ flights), we had to re-route everyone inbound and outbound - just took up more time than it should have.

Just providing some helpful insight to making your flying experience less problematic and more enjoyable when you guys fly into the U.S.

Regards,

AJ

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

Andrew, thanks for pointing this out I will p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] this info along to the planner so that he can take this into account for future reference.

Terry

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

To-day and to-morrow we will p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] down the East Coast of Canada and and USA and look forward to some local ATC even though the timing is not good for local ATC.

Remember if you see the WF ATC Centre providing service for the group and you are authorised to control the sector we are p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing through then please introduce yourself to the ATC Centre and they will revert to an "[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist if required" role. You do not need to ask their permission.

Check the http://www.worldflight.com.au website for the exact timings.

Michael Reilly 886102
Posted
Posted

and be sure to check out the Worldflight USA website where you can see us operating on a live webcam feed!

http://www.wfusa2007.org

We'll be flying through the night here down through the US.

VATSIM Supervisor

VATEIR C3

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

That's neat Daryl, I am sitting at WF HQ in Sydney, watching your live feed and hearing ATC coming through your cockpit but seeing the controller issuing the instructions from here. You gotta luv technology.

Terry