You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't see traffic

Brad Curtis 923901

Brad Curtis 923901
Posted
Posted

Newbie so please correct me if I'm wrong. If I am logged into everything, listening to ATC and pilots exchanging dialogue (including take-off and landing clearances) and sitting in the parking area of the airport, should I be able to see traffic landing and departing???

Thx in advance

Brad

Andre Koch 852831
Posted
Posted

Yes, of course you should be able to see everyone. Can you give us a step-by-step description of how you connect to Vatsim? Include everything you do. I´m sure there´s something small you have overlooked.

Alternatively you could wait another week or so and use the all new Squawkbox 3.0, which will make connecting as easy as clicking a button.

Cheers,

Andre Koch

Director VACC-SAG

[email protected]

VACCSAG-Banner-300x65.gif

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

You could bee slightly at faulty position at Vatsim due to wrong Windows list-separator. Have you check your exact position.

Not opened port in firewall could also prevent other airplane-data going into your computer.

Troubleshooting at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

Subject 9. Faulty position at Vatsim (Don't see other airplanes. Don't see ATC in Squawkbox directory)

Subject 6. Firewall and router.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Brad Curtis 923901
Posted
Posted

Thanx for the response Andre. Here's how I log on......

1: Squawkbox Relay, starts up and gives message" You can now connect SB2 and FS2004 to this server"

2: Start FS2004, select plane etc... and place on tarmac at Cargo Ramp, Parking, Gate, etc.....

3: FS2004-Modules-Host SB-Run

4: Start SB2, Player Name "Squawkbox", Connection "Internet TCP/IP", Select Game to Join "SB RElay-Squawkbox2", Click here to get into the action.

5: SBHost window, select "Squawk Standby", "ATC Functions" input flight plan, "Connect"- AVC automatically starts up and I can tune ATC from "ATC Directory"

As I mentionned, I can tune into conversations no problem, and ServeInfo shows me on the ground, at the correct airport with no flight plan filed. Everything seems to be correct except can't see traffic that should be landing, departing right in front of me.

Any help would be great, haven't made my first flight yet but I'm very anxious to do so.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> 1: Squawkbox Relay, starts up and gives message" You can now connect SB2 and FS2004 to this server"

> 2: Start FS2004,

Adding:

- Goto FS2004 Multiplayer Menu

- As player name write a valid Vatsim callsignal.

- Click Search

- "SBRelay" should appear in the list. (if not, try enter IP-address 127.0.0.1 )

- Select Join.

> .. select plane etc... and place on tarmac at Cargo Ramp, Parking, Gate, etc.....

Brad Curtis 923901
Posted
Posted

Looks like that did it. I knew it must be something minor. Thx Lennart

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> Thx Lennart

No that's not correct. Thx Andre Koch who put the right question . (Anyone could give the answer )