You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

will it work

Cody Reynolds 1012509

Cody Reynolds 1012509
Posted
Posted

will x-plane 7 work on my comp?

Dell inspiron 6000 notebook

intel pentium M 1.73 Ghz clocked at 1.8

2gb of ram

direct x 9.0c

mobile intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express 128.0 Mb

I usually fly fs9 but im tired of it and want to try something new

Cody Reynolds 1012509
Posted
Posted

wow 8 views and no replies how hard is it to say yes or no

Wayne Conrad 989233
Posted
Posted

Xplane is now in version 8. I cannot tell you if x-plane will run on your computer. As a rule of thumb, if FS will run well, so will X-Plane.

I suspect that the people who enjoy x-plane best are those with some small amount of patience.

ZLA Pilot Certs make your eyes bright, your teeth white, and childbirth a pleasure. Get yours today!

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted
wow 8 views and no replies how hard is it to say yes or no

You titled your message "will it work" So people click it, not knowing what you are talking about. Since most people here don't use X-Plane, myself included. It will be hard to get a reply, right off the bat. 8 Views and no replies? That's a bit bold. Give it a bit.

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted
will x-plane 7 work on my comp?

I don't have an answer for you as I have no clue if it will work. I recommend you downloading the demo and seeing if it works. I have no clue where to get the v7 demo but the v8 demo is available from x-plane.com

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles

Reece Hunter
Posted
Posted

I found this information with very little effort using Google and the keyword "X-Plane 7". I am sure any favorite search engine will yield the same or similar results:

http://www.digital-flight.com/reviews/X%20Plane%207/x_plane_7_review.htm

It gives you an idea, towards the bottom of the article, regarding hardware requirements. I'm with Ian, the acid test for your situation is to install the demo and see if it works. One place you can get V7 is below. Again, Google and keywords "X-Plane 7 demo".

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/2065/X-Plane+Demo+/+Update+7.61

I cannot vouch for both websites so visit them at your own risk. I simply mean to give examples where you may find what you are looking for. Let us know how it turns out so we can welcome you to the XPlane community (or as some say, brotherhood).

RH

Reece Hunter

vACC Philippines Chief

Cody Reynolds 1012509
Posted
Posted

sorry guys i didnt mean to be rude. the game ran really well on my comp but the graphics were just HORRIBLE. it might have just been because it was v.7 but i really dont want to use my entire hard drive with one stupid game. i mean 60 gigs come on theres just no way i would ever even think about it

Wayne Conrad 989233
Posted
Posted

X-Plane 8.6 graphics are good enough to fly VFR using a regular sectional chart. They look pretty good. The terrain mesh is about the equivalent of the FS-Genesis mesh for FS9. The land use data, roads, rivers, and shorelines are pretty close to what Ultimate Terrain has for FS.

It's only 60 GB if you install the whole world. If you install just the US, it's around 13 GB, I think.

Forget version 7. Download the demo for version 8.6 and give it a go.

ZLA Pilot Certs make your eyes bright, your teeth white, and childbirth a pleasure. Get yours today!

Cody Reynolds 1012509
Posted
Posted

oh, i didnt know that i would only install the us anyways so ill give it a shot. is there any way to buy it at a store and not from the internet?

• 2 weeks later...
Brandon Huey 998117
Posted
Posted

yes there is a way to buy it at a store. perhaps look for an electronics or software store known for its breadth of selection?

what kind of question is that in the first place?

also, if you insist on calling x-plane a game (a stupid one at that), then i am afraid you're in for some extensive disappointment.

if you'd like help with the technics of flying under x-plane, however, you're definitely in the right place.

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted
one stupid game.

I'd recommend sticking with MSFS. Based on your posts so far, I can all but guarantee your experience with X-plane will not be positive.

Brian Wilber 831268
Posted
Posted

In the making of X-Plane, Austin placed a much higher emphasis on the flight dynamics of the aircraft than on scenery. Some (myself included) value that more than the scenery. That's exactly why I didn't and won't purchase FSX. I don't care about eye candy. If you want pretty scenery stick with FS.

That said, Austin is working toward better scenery. His latest update (8.64) went a long ways toward that end.

Brian

PS, I just noticed you listed Direct X 9.0 in your stats. You won't be needing that for X-Plane. It was built using a Mac so it uses Open GL technology. Because of that fact, I would recommend an Nvidia Graphics Card. They seem to have the best Open GL support.

New%20Banner.jpg