help needed with project

hey VATUSA

As many pilots and ATC knows many airport lay outs have changed since FS2004. I want to start a project to help the pilot and ATC,, this project will be an all-in-one package for all airports in the US that have changed.

I have run into a roadblock. I have no clue all the airports that have changed since FS2004 or that will be changed. thats when i need your help:

1) what airports have changed since January 1, 2003 (i don't know what date the FS2004 was built so we will use this one)

- new runways

-new taxiways

-new approaches

-freq. changes

start listing

thank you

Michael

Chicago O'Hare International Airport (KORD)

kord_phase2.zip - contains updated runway changes for the default FS9 scenery. (Runway 27L/9R now runway 28/10, runway 27R/9L now runway 27L/9R)

kord_visual1.zip - contains updated runway changes for simflyers KORD (FS9 only I believe).

Both of these files by Michiel Mak available at avsim.net

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

• Board of Governors

KLWA... Wow I didn't think anyone but me knew about that airport Let's not forget that we were robbed of the first airport any of us flew out of, KCGX Meigs Field

Matt Bartels
VP: Marketing & Communication
## vpmkt (at) vatsim.net
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own and not representative of the official opinion of the VATSIM Board of Governors

KMHT-Manchester-Boston regional airport added the following:

Extended runway 17/35 (2005)

Extended runway 6/24 and added safety runoff area at each end (just completed)

Added new taxi way to runway 6 ("hotel" I believe) so aircraft no longer need to backtrack. (2005)

Added new control tower (2007)(the old one still stands and is now a museum)

Note for Boston controllers: Runway 6/24 reopened on Friday 11/9

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

KMSP added runway 35/17

Good luck with the list, but i think the forum is not the best place for that? Maybe something like a website with a "list" thing, where you type in Airport ICAO/Change notes would be more effective for this kind of project.

cya,

Clemens Martin

ZMP C1

http://www.minniecenter.org

Right on the money

Michael perhaps a good idea would be to solicit the help of someone like Ruth McTighe and get an email with your idea sent out to the ATMs, Chiefs, Directors etc. They can then send their ARTCC's data to your(Or whatever central) email...or as Clemens said, they could input it through a website.

Good luck with the project.

Controllers have feelings too...

Oh wait, I forgot this was VATSIM and 90% of the population only cares about large airports.

No offense but I do think that you MIGHT be a tad bit [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umptive with that statement; I will agree that a large portion of the VATSIM community enjoys flying ATP but I can say with great certainty that for as much ATP as they may flight there is an equal balance of GA time as well with them. If you will ... they are having their cake and eating it too.

KBOS - new Rwy 14/32, recently (as I'm FS9, I'm not sure if it was included in FSX). As of three weeks ago, KBOS underwent a renaming of taxiways around the apron (K is now B, etc), which is so new we've decided to stick with the previous naming scheme for taxi instructions, and if pilots inform us they have updated charts, they get updated instructions.

KPVD - 5L/23R is now taxiway V, and 5R/23L is now 5/23.

http://www.bostonartcc.net/pilots/charts.php.

And what Smitty said about PWM...although, as he so keenly pointed out, few care.

hey VATUSA

As many pilots and ATC knows many airport lay outs have changed since FS2004. I want to start a project to help the pilot and ATC,, this project will be an all-in-one package for all airports in the US that have changed.

I have run into a roadblock. I have no clue all the airports that have changed since FS2004 or that will be changed. thats when i need your help:

1) what airports have changed since January 1, 2003 (i don't know what date the FS2004 was built so we will use this one)

- new runways

-new taxiways

-new approaches

-freq. changes

start listing

thank you

Michael

Just US, correct?