You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vroute Communities

Oliver Smith

Oliver Smith
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Just a small remark about the communities function of Vroute: I was invited to a community of a certain VA, not thinking much of it (not realising what is implied) I click accept. Anyways I see no way now of removing myself from that community, and now I just serve them as advertising when I go online.

Would it be possible to be removed from this, or have a function that we can unsubscribe ourselves?

Thanks!

siggy.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

In general, community administrators should not invite people they don't have a working relationship with already - i.e., a VA should invite its members and not random people. If you were invited as a random person, i'd like to hear who did that .

Normally, to leave a community you would just contact their manager and ask to be removed. If this is not feasible (i.e., you don't really know the people there) let me know, and I'll remove you manually. Given the number of cases, it will be easier than developing a new function in the software.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Oliver Smith
Posted
Posted
In general, community administrators should not invite people they don't have a working relationship with already - i.e., a VA should invite its members and not random people. If you were invited as a random person, i'd like to hear who did that .

Normally, to leave a community you would just contact their manager and ask to be removed. If this is not feasible (i.e., you don't really know the people there) let me know, and I'll remove you manually. Given the number of cases, it will be easier than developing a new function in the software.

Michal

Hello Michal,

Thanks for your prompt reply! I may have had something to do with this VA (its quiet a large one, and I can't honestly remember if I ever signed up for them, all I know is I have never flown for them so I should not be on an active roster.)

Anyways, I shall get in contact with the owner, if that doesn't work I'll give you a shout!

Cheers

siggy.png

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

Michal, Surely it's worth adding it in, it's like having the .break command in VRC and not having a .nobreak.

vatme-sig.jpg

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

There's a plenty of things worth adding in, but my spare time is limited. I can't afford to spend half a day to deliver a feature that is requested once in 3 months and when the request can be dealt with manually in 5 minutes. I'd rather spend that half a day on something more useful

Michal

vroute.net founder

• 1 year later...
Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Should make this a Sticky