You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

.sct2 Sector File Format?

Mark Richards

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Gregly

Firstly, let me congrtulate you on a lovely piece of software. Being a staunch VRC user, I had resisted change until this week when I got wind of someone customising the layout of EuroScope to emulate the Skyline System that New Zealand uses and thought I would give it a go.

While a VERTICAL learning curve from VRC, the features that ES has has blown me away. I've been controlling since the very early SATCO days and ProController and have watched the development of ATC clients with a great deal of interest. Each one has brought about new challenges and ES is no exception.

Just a quick question that I can't find reference to in the manual or on the forums here (searched for sct2 and didn't find what I needed). When I go to load a sector, I only get an option to load a Sector File with the .sct so I am right in guessing the EuroScope doesn't support the newer .sct2 sector file format???

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted

Hello Mark,

You're absolutely correct, ES supports only the .sct file format. However, to have things working for a quick start, you need to have another file .ese with the same filename of your .sct file.

THIS should help you.

Cheers!

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

That's what I thought. Busy building the ESE file as per the manual.

Thanks.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand