You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ZLA Certification question

Dan Morera 1009190

Dan Morera 1009190
Posted
Posted

I want to participate on this program, I know you are supposed to show up and an airport and ask the controller who is online if he is certified to test you. I know the website mentions that the tests go from V1 to V5 and I1 to I10 (or something like that, don't have the numbers in front of me) My question is this, I have looked around and I can't find what the tests are, is there a list that says something like:

V1. Performed a VFR circuit.

V2. Performed a VFR circuit while eating a hotdog

I would like to know these things to practice a few times before just showing up not know what the test is going to involve.

Thanks

Dan

5600.png

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

http://pilotcerts.laartcc.org/page/Home

Click on RATINGS

Click on the Rating you want to review.

Each page is FULL of links that describe how the rating works, links to charts, information, instructional data, and even a sample transcript.

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles

Dan Morera 1009190
Posted
Posted

Oh [Mod - lovely stuff], I'm such an idiot, I clicked on everything on that page EXCEPT for that particular one.

Thanks man

Dan

5600.png

Mike Phyrio 988306
Posted
Posted

Good lawd. I read all those. Of the bunch, there's one....and only one.....I could successfuly p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] and that's the KBUR to KLAS one and that, I could do blindfolded, one hand tied behind my back and playing the bagpipes. The other ones? Total failure.

Keith wrote that transcript for the Burbank to Vegas flight, didn't he. There's a glaring Keithism in there.

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Dan, thanks for signing up, I look forward to seeing you starting your flights.

Mike, the program is actually geared for ppl just like you....pilots who are reasonably comfortable flying jets IFR from big airport to big airport, but might not be aware of the concepts of VFR flight (many of which are relevant for IFR, too), along with visual approaches, circling approaches, etc.

If the controller offers you a visual approach and you find yourself wishing you could get the ILS instead, this program is for you!

Keith

Seth Laws 1023369
Posted
Posted

Why aren't there as many fly-ins in the U.S. announced on the home/notams page of Vatsim and really none at all anyway unless it's like KJFK or KORD? Even when I notice any on there about two of them posted per year and the rest are for Europe(the most), Asia(in second), and Australia(in last). I don't have scenery for the part of Europe that all of the flights and Fly-ins are at and it's too expensive to buy it. Any other comments? This is just out there for people who want more fly-ins in the U.S., so my only other words are post away.

3.png

Without dreams, life ceases to entertain.

Seth Laws 1023369
Posted
Posted

Ignore that. I'm an idiot wearing a cat on my face and my underwear on the outside. Sorry.

3.png

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Actually Seth, you have a very valid point. I know with some past events, it was a pretty big h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le to get something up there. Unless it's a huge event like CalScream, we usually just stick to the VATUSA page and such.

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Seth Laws 1023369
Posted
Posted

Why... Thank you! I didn't know that! thanks.

3.png