You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FNO is BACK! [KMIA]

Justin A. Martin

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Friday, December 7, 2007 from 0000Z to 0400Z ZMA is hosting FNO. We will be staffing DEL, GND, TWR, 3 approaches and 4 centers!!!! Please come out to tropical SoFLA, and have a ball!!!!

If you have any questions, let us know! We expect to see YOU here!!!!

Thanks,

Justin "JM" Martin

Edited by Guest

Aaron Barclay 878822
Posted
Posted

great to know you're hosting it on ATC Corridor night! you couldn't pick one of the other 3 fridays in the month?

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Aaron,

We didn't pick the date. VATUSA did. Like I said, FNO is back!

JM

Brian Sperduto 856560
Posted
Posted
great to know you're hosting it on ATC Corridor night! you couldn't pick one of the other 3 fridays in the month?

You will hear from us shortly on that issue we are waiting on one more ARTCC to confirm something and then we will formally announce the plans.

Brian Sperduto

VATSIM Membership Team 1 Lead

[email protected]

Cross the Pond Oceanic Veteran '07, '08, E & W, '09 E & W '10 W

Aaron Barclay 878822
Posted
Posted

sounds good thanks for the info!

David Reimer 913748
Posted
Posted

From my Local ARTCC, Ive heard starting December FNO will be coming back to weekly, but I also heard that VA's might be running it. I guess we will find out soon enough .

signiture.jpg

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted
From my Local ARTCC, Ive heard starting December FNO will be coming back to weekly, but I also heard that VA's might be running it. I guess we will find out soon enough .

If this is in fact true, this is exactly what needed to be done. the decision in the pilot's hands, and the option to have multiple pilots have multiple operations on Friday nights.

That wasn't so hard, was it..?

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

David, we'd love to see some MetroAir pilots join us on the 7th! P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] it on

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Earvie Rollins 971247
Posted
Posted

Cool I am so excited for VATUSA now.

2572.png

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

You will hear from us shortly on that issue we are waiting on one more ARTCC to confirm something and then we will formally announce the plans.

Isnt the whole idea of FNO to have ONE airport not 3 ARTCC's that will be another ATC corridor which no offense wasnt working out to good

Or am i not understanding this correctly??

http://www.allegiantva.org Join if you have skill!

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Ryan,

It is a different idea, and not one event. You will find out really soon!

JM

Brian Sperduto 856560
Posted
Posted

Isnt the whole idea of FNO to have ONE airport not 3 ARTCC's that will be another ATC corridor which no offense wasnt working out to good

Or am i not understanding this correctly??

You aren't understanding correctly, just wait and see its not another ATC event.

Brian Sperduto

VATSIM Membership Team 1 Lead

[email protected]

Cross the Pond Oceanic Veteran '07, '08, E & W, '09 E & W '10 W

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

I think the ATC idea needs to become more concentrated... that idea was noble indeed, but with how spread out it was (and still is for future events)... I just don't see it working well. I think we can find some sort of happy medium between two ARTCCs that are neighbors and share airspace - that should be a much better event and still keep some of that realism that pilots and controllers desire (high traffic levels and limited "conga-lines" of traffic).

Again - just my observations.

Although I'm more than thrilled to see a staff change coming for VATUSA (Long overdue in my honest opinion)... I still appreciate the efforts shown with some news ideas by the some of the old staff. I Just don't think it was quite enough to keep us controllers entirely entised with "ATC" - it can be done better in my honest opinion.

It is my sincere hope that whoever replaces the previous staff will take more recognition of ARTCC staff/senior controllers and apply the opinions torwards improving the division/network.

-AJ

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png