You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Programming a Transition

Adam Arkley 1031024

Adam Arkley 1031024
Posted
Posted

Howdy all,

Whislt preparing to fly into Frankfurt Overload last night, several docomeents and people said that I should be prepared to fly Transitions, and the sample flight on the Frankfurt Overload website described a pilot being "cleared for the GED 25 RNAV Transition." I'll admit that I flew into Frankfurt Overload, and had a problem that avoided me having to fly a transition.

But then there's today. Whilst programming another flight into Frankfurt to try something, I noticed a complete absence of ANY transitions in my FMGC. I'm flying the WilcoPub Airbus A330 (From the Airbus Series volume 2), and I've tried everything I can think of to get a transition to show up. I've tried different aircraft, different routes, different approaches and different runways, but nothing I find can allow me to fly a transition.

Would anybody be able to have a tinker with their Airbuses and see if they can get this working?

Thanks in advance,

Adam Arkley