You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't see traffic but they can see me

Jorge Luis Lerma Reyes 858

Posted
Posted

Hello, I've been having same trouble, and I have done all steps as manual says , also what you explained to the other friend and still don't see any traffic. I'd like to know if WideFS has something to do with it because I don't have it registered. And if so I'd also like to know how unregister the one that I have to register with another that I had paid. Thank you friends.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> and still don't see any traffic.

Could be some port in firewall not opened for Squawkbox.

> I'd like to know if WideFS has something to do with it

Try first without WideFS.

Try also Peter Dowson's Support Forum under this link http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

> And if so I'd also like to know how unregister the one that I have to register with another that I had paid.

Peter Dowson's Support Forum.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Posted
Posted

Thank you Lennart, I have done and checked the link that you gave me, also found that WideFs has nothing to do with it, still don't see traffics yet.I'm just wondering , if I missed a program to install, I have installed SB Relay12,SB Host,SB Main; do procedures step by step to connect , did I miss a program?...or a compliment to these ones?.... sorry to bother but thank you very much for your help..

Michael Reilly 886102
Posted
Posted

Hi Jorge,

I had this problem a while ago, and realised it was to do with the FS multiplayer.

Basically, if you are using FS2004, you must join the SB Relay session, and not host a session of your own.

That was what my problem was, so if you have been hosting in FS2004, join instead.

Daryl

VATSIM Supervisor

VATEIR C3

Posted
Posted

Yep, thank you Daryl, Yes I always join sessions, I used to connect and I don't know why by this time I don't see traffics. It's beggining to bother me , he he , but thanks very much friend....

Dave Wild
Posted
Posted

Jorge,

Remember that FS9 will only show traffic within 10 miles of your loction, maybe that's your problem?

Posted
Posted

thank 's Dave, I don't see any traffic, not on air not on ramp near by me, but they do see me....I've seen myself on servinfo , can you tell me what are the programs that I need now to connect, maybe I missed a program.I've been out from VATSIM for a while, now that I want to reconnect I don't see traffics.

Dave Wild
Posted
Posted
can you tell me what are the programs that I need now to connect

All the programs you need Jorge are available from the main VATSIM web site under 'all new pilots start here'.

From all the posts in this thread it would seem you are doing everything correctly.

One thing I see you use is SBHost, you don't need this when using WideFS, maybe that's your problem?

In answer to one of Lennart's questions you say Widefs has nothing to do with your problem, can you explain how you come to this conclusion?

Make sure you have "WIDEFSVER=3" as the first line under the SB section in your squawkbox.ini file. I don't think it affects seeing traffic but check it out anyway.

You also don't say how you have your two computers set up, if you have a firewall, if you have a router, after your answers to the above questions I will post my set up which allows me to see traffic.

Good luck.

Posted
Posted

Hello Dave, yes, as I wrote WideFS has nothing to do with it because I don't have 2 Pc's, I don't have WideFS registered, that's why I first run SB Relay then FS9 then Multiplayer and join, then SB Host then SB Main and there it is , I'm connected, but all my friends see me , but I don't see them...I contact controllers , they can see me , I can talk to them , but if there's traffic on ground where I connect, I don't see them.

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted
Hello Dave, yes, as I wrote WideFS has nothing to do with it because I don't have 2 Pc's, I don't have WideFS registered, that's why I first run SB Relay then FS9 then Multiplayer and join, then SB Host then SB Main and there it is , I'm connected, but all my friends see me , but I don't see them...I contact controllers , they can see me , I can talk to them , but if there's traffic on ground where I connect, I don't see them.

Try this.

In SB, there is an option for Multiplayer Range. That might not be set. I generally have mine set to 40nm (the max). Try setting that, and see what you get.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Dave Wild
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply Jorge. As I run a 2 PC setup I'm sorry I'm out of suggestions but I'm sure you will have more replies here and if not SB3 should not be all that long before it escapes

Best of luck.