You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hmm....VRC Voice Problems

Harold Rutila 974112

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

This happens to me regularly while controlling: My frequency will be idle for about 5 minutes or longer at a time, and when pilots attempt to contact me after there has been no communication on the frequency, I am unable to recieve their transmissions (I do not recieve their voice and the RX light does not illuminate). Then I get the angry pilots who private message me and ask what's going on. When I push and release the PTT button, illuminating the TX light, I hear everyone again. It's almost like the frequency times out after a period of time. I've developed a habit of pressing the PTT key every so often to make sure that the frequency stays active. I've tried many different things to try and rectify this problem such as switching servers, switching between Wave and DirectSound, and different callsigns. I'm not quite sure what the problem is, or if this is just an internal feature of VRC.

Thanks!

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Harold,

If you search the VRC, and indeed SB3 forums on UDP Timeouts you will find that this is quite common. Basically your router is closing down an "unneeded" channel.

Like I say, check those forums - www.squawkbox.ca and www.metacraft.com/vrc and you should find the answers on how to rectify the issue with your own type of router.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg