You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FMC

Peter Larsen 885332

Peter Larsen 885332
Posted
Posted

Anybody has the link for the advanced FMC?, i've searched but i just can't find it.

They made an advanced FMC for both Boeing and Airbus.

3500.png

Brian Wilber 831268
Posted
Posted

I knew someone was working on one for the Airbus, but I hadn't heard about the Boeing version. Sure would be nice to have that. I am not an Airbus fan, but a Boeing with a properly modelled FMC is a thing of beauty. Last I heard the Airbus FMC was nearly ready for release. Somebody correct me if you know any more about it.

New%20Banner.jpg

Brandon Huey 998117
Posted
Posted

as i recall, the advanced fms (known as fjmcc or something like that) was tied to a particular aircraft -- a B744.

as it happened, the B744 aircraft they released this fms with was derived from, but not credited to, the XPFW team and due to all this, became unavailable.

it's a shame, the fms portion of the product seemed quite advanced by x-plane standards and we need this kind of effort, but the fact they basically ripped off the xpfw 744 basically stunted its growth.

i'm sure others can offer more details (or bias) about this, but i think that sort of sums it up.

• 4 weeks later...
Reece Hunter
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

Interesting topic for me as I have always find it bothersome clicking on those itsy bitsy teenie weenie buttons in the sim when I am programming the FMC. Awhile back, this superhuman guy named Keith Smith (you might know him) wrote a plugin which enabled the FMC/FMS to be programmed by typing your desired route into a window. Thus the issue of having a robotic arm precision to program the FMC was resolved.

Do you know if this is still an issue with other FMCs out there? Is the approach in creating one still to visually model the real one first with functionality coming in second? I am starting to wonder (especially those with dual monitor setup) if a Windows/Linux/Mac appplication which made it easier to program the sim's FMC is worth investigating.

RH

reece_hunter at yahoo dot com

Reece Hunter

vACC Philippines Chief