You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Trouble with FS2004

Scott Hunt 925283

Scott Hunt 925283
Posted
Posted

Ok, let me first say I am not that Computer literate, when it comes to changing ports and what not. So please with all due respect, can all who reply explain in a manner at which a three year old would understand.

The Problem:

I loaded all the software as requireed. When I went to get online I opened SBrelay first (firewall was off), then I started FS2004. I went to multiplayer and then put in my callsign and pressed searched, and nothing. I then put in the IP as sudjested (127.0.0.1), still nothing.

I can not connect to the network no matter what I do. I have internet and that works great.

My Equipment:

My computer meets and exceeds all the demands set forth.

Allthought I connect to the internet through a wireless connection. (Linksys USB)

My router and Cable modem is Linksys as well, if this mean anything.

I am going to make the attempt of unistalling it all (FS2004 and Vatsim software pak).

Thank you all who attempt and succeed in helping.

Scott Hunt

USAF/DAV

"Anyone can be taught to read a map, but not eveyone can draw it"- Scott L. Hunt 3/10/2005

Scott L. Hunt

USAF/DAV

"Anyone can be taught to read a map, but not everyone can draw it"- Scott L. Hunt 3/10/2005

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> searched, and nothing

Since you do correct as this point. It sounds like required ports in firewall are not opened, 'cause SBRelay does not appear in FS mulitplayer session even when you enter 127.0.0.1 .

> (firewall was off)

> My router

This mean you have a firewall in your router. So you can turn XP firewall off (as you did I suppose).

If you have not open port in your router firewall you must do so. Make sure turn all other possible firewalls off.

See subject "6. Firewall and router." in Troubleshooting at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

There is also a link there: easy step-by-step instruction for a lot of routers, Tamas Bulejsza wrote: http://www.portforward.com

You might find your router and how to open the required port for Vatsim.

(required port for Vatsim are written in the Troubleshooting )

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Scott Hunt 925283
Posted
Posted

I open the ports that I need to, and I am having the same problem. I wish this would work for me. I need it for the vUSAF. I don't know what else I can do.

Scott L. Hunt

USAF/DAV

"Anyone can be taught to read a map, but not everyone can draw it"- Scott L. Hunt 3/10/2005

Scott Hunt 925283
Posted
Posted

I Started SBRelay and FS2004 then I started Squawk Box to see if I could by some chance go in a different route. I put the 127.0.0.1 in the pop up bok in Squawk Box. Got dat error or daq don't really remember. I exited out of fs2004 and found and error in SBRelay. Error cannot find server. I hope this helps narrow things down. I have even shut down my router firewall and computer XP firewall. I set a Static IP and all. PLeae don't give up on me

Scott L. Hunt

USAF/DAV

Scott Hunt 925283
Posted
Posted

OK, I know have fixed the software issue with Squawk Box. Now the only issue is I cannot get the Multi player to connect. Just as before when I press search I get nothing and when I type in ip. 127.0.0.1 I get nothing.

Scott L. Hunt

USAF/DAV

Arjan Harmans 882448
Posted
Posted

hi Scott

This happens to me every now and then as well. Usually all it takes is close SBRelay, than start it again. Don't ask me why, if no game shows up in FS2004 multiplayer I just try again. If it isn't there as soon as I open the multiplayer window it has never ever shown up with the search button. I never put the 127.0.0.1. adress anywhere because it has never made any difference at all.

Same with starting Squawkbox itself; in my case, most of the time it won't start the first time. I just close it and restart. For some odd reason it will start the second time, even though I have to click "join" about ten times in a row. One would think clicking 10 times can not make a difference but in my case it does. One click just does not work. I keep clicking away and then....all of a sudden it starts.

Strange as all this may sound I have read about others who have had the same experience. Worth a try then...

Hope this helps

Arjan

3201.png