You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

new monitor problems

paul westcott

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

good day to you all,

ok using two crt monitors, i could only get fs9 set up on my right monitor(no2) perfectly, and if i dragged the screen to the left monitor(no1) fs9 appeared with loads of jaggies, so i only flew with fs9 in my no2 monitor.........

now ive just bought an lg 17 tft monitor and things are still the same, my no1 (new) monitor has jaggies all over the shop, and my no2(original no2) monitor displays fs9 perfectly,

-2007-dec-8-006.jpg

-2007-dec-8-007.jpg

any advice please help?

newironmic.jpg

Larry Dowell 944865
Posted
Posted

It says" page not found"at photo bucket.

Exactly what do you want to do?

It sounds like you want the sim on the left monitor. If so, just switch the cables, or move the monitors.

If you want your sim on both monitors at the same time, you need to get something like Matrox's double head to go, or maybe wideview. I'm not really sure how wide view works. There may be something else that someone could direct you too. Oh yeah, Matrox only works in Virtual cockpit mode.

I have Matrox's Triple Head To Go, three monitors. Works great.

Like I said, I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, and others will probably post as well.

Larry, KSEA

AKA, Edge

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

thanks for your reply larry,

yes i want to use my new monitor(left) for fs9, but it is almost unflyable because of jaggies, also, when flying in full screen mode, i cannot use vasfmc or anything, i have to keep it in windows mode(for which is no good for taking photos),

just as i wrote if i drag the fs9 screen from the right monitor to the other, then loads of jaggies appear.

newironmic.jpg

Arjan Harmans 882448
Posted
Posted

FS9 can run on two monitors no problem if you happen to have a videocard that supports dual monitors. If you want your main window spread over both monitors just go to the display/hardware tab in FS9 and set resolution to say 800x1200 or similar. Be advised, it does not look good that way. The horizon will not be a straight line across both monitors in turns. So that is not really nice, most people use 1 monitor for forward or VC view, the other one for radiostack/GPS/FSNavigator/maps etc.

First of, this use of two monitors requires FS9 to be run in windowed mode. No other options here....

But then; you can hide the windows taskbar (rightclick on it, "properties", "hide automatic" or similar. It will reappear if you hover your mouse over the lowest part of your screen). Then you can hide the FS9 taskbar. That leaves only one blue line at the top of your screen.

Now, you have two monitors. Did you tell Windows to use them as "extended desktop"? When not running FS9, can you drag and drop stuff on your desktop across to the other one? Or is it "cloned"? The latter should not be used.

If it in extended mode you can continue. Make sure both monitors are recognised by FS9 (see the display tab, "hardware") and set both monitors to the same settings. If you want to move a flightsim window make sure you run in windowed mode, rightclick on it, select "undock". Then you can drag it to the other monitor. Does that work?

If you get jaggies something is wrong. What are your system specs (CPU, RAM, videocard)?

-edit- I found your album on photobucket but all pictures (8) look allright. Did you delete the ones you are referring to?

3201.png

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

thanks arjan, yes ive got my windows configured ok with the extended desktop etc, my g/c is set up as dual view and everything is fine there,

ok so i need to stay in windows mode, that explains why i cant have vasfmc etc on the other monitor while fs9 is full screen.

i know about undocking etc.

my problem was when i dragged fs window from one monitor to another, it is perfect in my old monitor, but is full of jaggies on my new monitor, and i just wondered why.

E6850 c2d 3.0ghz

p5n32e mobo

2 gig 800 corsair ram

and an 8600 gts card

newironmic.jpg

Arjan Harmans 882448
Posted
Posted
thanks arjan, yes ive got my windows configured ok with the extended desktop etc, my g/c is set up as dual view and everything is fine there,

Good. Could not find that in your first post

ok so i need to stay in windows mode, that explains why i cant have vasfmc etc on the other monitor while fs9 is full screen.
Exactly.

my problem was when i dragged fs window from one monitor to another, it is perfect in my old monitor, but is full of jaggies on my new monitor, and i just wondered why.

You say "WAS". Does that mean it is fixed now? There shouldn't be jaggies on either monitor....

Did you check both monitors under the FS9 display/hardware tab? Are they both set to the same resolution, and also same resolution as your windows desktop resolution?

3201.png

paul westcott
Posted
Posted
You say "WAS". Does that mean it is fixed now? There shouldn't be jaggies on either monitor....

Did you check both monitors under the FS9 display/hardware tab? Are they both set to the same resolution, and also same resolution as your windows desktop resolution?

thanks arjan,

erm no its not fixed sorry, although i think playing about with settings maybe making it better,

both are set to 1280x1024, although there are several ways of arranging this i think, my refresh rates are different(i think the tft is at 75 and crt at 72 or something).

ill play with some settings some more, just i dont want to make anything worse than it is ,

many thanks for your time sir

my apologies for sounding erm how can i say it - vague-ish

newironmic.jpg

Arjan Harmans 882448
Posted
Posted

No problem at all Paul, you're welcome.

Just hope you fix it. I'm running out of ideas here. One last thought; switching to other/older drivers for your G/C sometimes makes a difference. You could always try that.

3201.png

Larry Dowell 944865
Posted
Posted

Thinking here. What if after dragging FS9 to your new monitor, then REFRESH the scenery. I wonder if that would get rid of your jaggies. Also try downsizing your resolution,

1024X768, and see what happens.

Check in the sim Options, Settings, Controls ( I have FSX running right now, they should be close if not the same), and scrool down to REFRESH Scenery, there is no keypress in my FSX, YET, for the refresh, but you could use one that you normally don't use. Highlight Refresh Scenery, the click on, New [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment, and push on the key you want to use. Don't forget to select OK. If nothing else this is handy down the road sometimes.

Larry, KSEA

AKA, Edge

paul westcott
Posted
Posted

thanks for the response and the tip larry, i have just tried it and although it hasnt worked,, this may be useful down the line.

ive just changed my screen res to 1024x768 in both my nvidia mon1 settings and fs9 and its worse than before, so im thinking ill have to play about with anositropic and aliasing settings again.

thanks again larry

newironmic.jpg