You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Pyongyang issues

Yvan Ung 987353

Yvan Ung 987353
Posted
Posted

The last time I asked ATC IFR clearance to Pyongyang from Seoul Incheon (RKSI), the ATC denied clearance to Pyongyang itself but for AGAVO instead (which was at the frontier between ZBPE and RKRR), claiming my aircraft would be shot down. There was no aircraft in ZKKP airspace at that time, let alone aircraft that could shoot down a 773. Only more aircraft bound for other airports in RKRR airspace.

However, I flew to the same destination from Tokyo Narita with ATC, RJAA_APP cleared me to Pyongyang via the Niigata 5 departure as though Pyongyang was no more dangerous than Narita could be.

Why do Korean ATC refuse direct clearance to Pyongyang (ZKPY) but Japanese ATC would let it through?

Regards,

Yvan Ung

Come pilot the longest and sharpest flying pencils of the online world!

China Eastern Virtual

Mark McCoy 823112
Posted
Posted

Are you telling me that a controller on the network actually told you no to fly to KSI, or you would be "shot down"? Did he actually use those words?

Zachary Beard
Posted
Posted

Wow. But, I guess that it is 'simulation'. And Pyongang is in Communist N. Korea, right?

Yvan Ung 987353
Posted
Posted

Here are the logs:

[Mod.: Log of chat removed. -GSM (800006)]

But then, here's the Narita log:

[Mod.: Log of chat removed. -GSM (800006)]

Regards,

Yvan Ung

Come pilot the longest and sharpest flying pencils of the online world!

China Eastern Virtual

George Marinakis
Posted
Posted

Mr. Ung:

If you want to make an issue of this, then please PRIVATELY forward the logs to the Vice President of Supervisors with details of who prohibited your flight along with the particular time and date. You may also wish to direct this to the attention of the regional director for Asia. The forums are not the place to raise these issues as it does not help matters making discussions such as these public. Thread locked.

George S. Marinakis

VATSIM6, co-Founder, VATSIM

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg