You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Realism of sweatbox traffic?

Romano Lara

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Can someone tell me how many % is the SWEATBOX helping new controllers? Can SWEATBOX simulate or let new controllers experiece the different scenarios going on in the LIVE TRAFFIC? Can it simulate difficulty in hearing to pilots? Or can it provide new controllers a feel of the actual traffic?

~Blue Skies.

[Nothing against this training function, actually i love this training]

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Michael Bonanno 984105
Posted
Posted

The realism level of SweatBox depends on the way the operator of the sim is running it.

The instructor could be running it with every one at the same speed, 1000 feet apart, descending at the same rate, with ten miles separation OR he could have it a total mess with 1 mile separation and more conflicts than you can count.

When I run the simulator for my students, I try to do it in a way that conflicts are created, so that students can see them occurring and can fix them. The volume of traffic that I run is also dependant on the training scenario. For newer students, traffic is lighter and less complex, and for a more experienced person, we would obviously make it more of a challenge.

Michael

Michael Bonanno, VATSIM Supervisor

vatcan%20logo%2087x30.gifvatsim%2082x30.gif