You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How do I choose a Home ARTCC

Terry Kocher 919807

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

I want to become a controller for Seattle ARTCC, and I was reading on the VATUSA Seattle ARTCC website that you have to select Seattle ARTCC KZSE as your home ARTCC, but I've looked all in the Account Changes section on this website and only found how to change the division...humm, help would be greeeatly appreaciated.

Thanks in adavanced - TC

pilot.gif

3712.png

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted

Well, you're not listed in the VATUSA database, so changing your division and region would be the first step. www.vatsim.net then Member Services -> Account Changes -> Select a Division in a Region.

Then go to www.vatusa.org/eval , read the evaluations, then select your ARTCC using the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word mentioned in the evaluations.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

I tried to select the Division but when I logged in it said I was already [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to the VATUSA division. .. humm

pilot.gif

3712.png

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted

Hi Terry,

Welcome to ZSE from a fellow controller. And a quick word of advise that given the large amount of traffic showing up in SEA due to the twin client releases, I'd suggest contacting a staff member for a training session prior to diving into SEA

KZSE C3/Facilities Administrator

1798.png

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

Yes, I plan on doing that, I want to know what im getting into before I get into it lol -- I dont want to get on and be like , then wind up being like this ... lol, are you an instructor by any chance?

pilot.gif

3712.png

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted

I am not, but you can contact any of the instructors or mentor listed here to set up a time

1798.png

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

My troubles continue.. I have the VATUSA login and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word but when I enter it into their login boxes for the controller tests it says that it isnt correct.. oh well, i hope I can get this sorted out soon. Im having the same sort of problem with the VA that i just signed up with, cant get my dang p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word or login name to get their software.

pilot.gif

3712.png

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted

Make sure you're using the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word given in the "Welcome to VATUSA" email, under section 6. Also, make sure that you put it in the correct order... took me some 20 mins the first time I tried to lag in to figure out I swapped two of the digits.

1798.png

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

I double checked the email then copy and pasted the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word that it profided into the login fields, still says the same thing..

pilot.gif

3712.png

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted

Terry,

Can you log in at the main VATUSA page? If not, try using the lost p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word to see if they've changed the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word for some reason.

1798.png

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

I did the lost p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word procedure and recieved my new p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, logged into the VATUSA website without issues, but when it came time for me to choose my ARTCC it said I was not in the VATUSA records...

pilot.gif

3712.png

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted

Try emailing Jeff Thomas, VATUSA10, at home (dot) thomas (at) verizon (dot) net

1798.png

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

Situation has been resolved, thanks for all of your help Owen, greatly appraciated. Just p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed my Observer/Pilot test with an 85% cant wait to get controlling with you guys.

pilot.gif

3712.png

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted

congrats! See you on the scopes.

1798.png