Unable to Conntect to Voice Servers (check box remains gray)

• Board of Governors

I recently have been unable to connect to any voice servers on my desktop computer, however I am able to connect with no problems on my laptop. The laptop is running off a wireless router and the desktop is wired (CAT5) to the wireless router.

When I check PRIM, TX, RX, SPKR in the Comm Panel the SPKR fails to turn "gray" signalling that it is conncected to the voice server. I am not having any problems on the laptop though. I have Norton installed on the desktop only. I attempted to disable Norton and try to connect; this also yielded negative results. Any ideas? I posted on the VRC Forum, but I figured I might as well post it here.

By the way, thanks for you help Ross.

Nicola Felini

Vice President | Conflict Resolution

7JRF7kO.png.c96d82051e6821a105716826766c7bd0.png

• Board of Governors

I've tried changing the devices from WAVE to DIRECT, and back and forth, nothing. That's what you were speaking about, correct?

Nicola Felini

Nick,

Whilst it was the right place, it wasn't what I was alluding to. If you have copied a profile from your laptop to the main PC then the sound devices wont be the same and therefore when you try to select a voice room it will fail.

From your PC are you able to connect to http://rw.liveatc.net:18009/?opts=-R-D ?

What happens if you set a button up with the server being rw.liveatc.net and the room being test - does it do the same thing and if not can you see your connection on the webpage I just linked to?

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

• Board of Governors

I didn't copy the profile. Where would I select the sound devices then? I am away from my desktop, but I will attempt and update. Thanks.

Nicola Felini

• Board of Governors

Ok, I went into Audio Devices as you said and selected Direct Sound - Intel® Integrated Audio; which is also the selected device in my computer's Control Panel.

I was able to bring up the link which listed several frequencies/ channels. I attempted to connect to rw.liveatc.net/test in VRC with negative results.

Also, if it matters, I am able to use Teamspeak.

Nicola Felini

• 1 month later...
  • Board of Governors
I'm stil trying. Anyone? Lol.

Well, no sooner did I post, I figured it out. Anyone expriencing this problem with a Linksys Wireless Router and VRC:

1. Open your wireless router settings (http(s)://192.168.1.1)

2. Go to the applications and gaming tab

3. Go to the DMZ sub-tab

4. Click enable

5. Enter the computers IP address (computer used for VRC)

6. Click enable (it is a good idea to disable it when not in use)

If you need additional help, let me know. I'm quite versed in this sort of troubleshooting now.

Nick Falcicchio, C1

ZNY Mentor

Nicola Felini

• 2 months later...
I'm stil trying. Anyone? Lol.

Well, no sooner did I post, I figured it out. Anyone expriencing this problem with a Linksys Wireless Router and VRC:

1. Open your wireless router settings (http(s)://192.168.1.1)

2. Go to the applications and gaming tab

3. Go to the DMZ sub-tab

4. Click enable

5. Enter the computers IP address (computer used for VRC)

6. Click enable (it is a good idea to disable it when not in use)

If you need additional help, let me know. I'm quite versed in this sort of troubleshooting now.

Nick Falcicchio, C1

ZNY Mentor

Hi,

Sometimes I got the same problem. I wrote "sometimes" because usually happen during the night time when connections on the net are more.

I am running under a router in a big network.

reading throught the 3d, seems it is only a port forwarding problem.

Which is the port used by VRC for voice server?

I do not understand, why it is usually working and only sometimes got this problem. Should be always in case of Portforwarding matter?

I will try to ask to the admin to forward the port... but I am not pretty sure can help.

Tnx for suggestions.

Regards

Giovanni

Proud to be a VATITA ATC.