You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Errors adding a route

Robert-Jan Oosterloo 85407

Posted
Posted

Hi Michal,

I was just trying to add a route, that I have verified with the CFMU to be correct. Also I have set the AIRAC cycle in Vroute to 0713. I have also set a correct flightlevel range.

However when trying to add the route, I get errors some airways not being available.

What could be going wrong?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Robert-Jan

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I'd love to help, but please post the route and the exact error message

Michal

vroute.net founder

Posted
Posted

I was trying to modify the current OMDB-EHAM route. The new route I suggested is:

PAPAR A418 SYZ W3 MESVI UL223 UMH UL124 BONAM UG81 VAN UL852 KOMAN UL602 SODRO UZ606 NORKU

The errors I get are:

PROF: A418 not available between PAPAR and ROTAL at FL280..410 (maybe UP574 ?)

PROF: A418 not available between ROTAL and KASOL at FL280..410 (maybe UP574 ?) PROF: A418 not available between KASOL and SITEN at FL280..410 (maybe UP574 ?) PROF: A418 not available between SITEN and SYZ at FL280..410 (maybe UP574, W10 ?)

The route should be fine, as when it is checked with the CFMU, it returns no errors.

Robert-Jan

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

This is indeed a message coming from vroute's internal route checker.

A418 in the part where vroute is complaining about is outside of IFPU Zone, that is the zone where CFMU checks the flight plans. The route segment outside of IFPU Zone is not checked, except for very basic syntax control. CFMU is certainly unable to tell you the vertical boundaries of an airway in Dubai, and that's exactly why vroute checks that.

You might want to check on airspace charts (real life sources, preferrably) what are the actual vertical boundaries of A418.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Posted
Posted

Ah I see! I changed the A418 for UP574 (which effectively gives the same route) and it's okay this time.

This leads me to another question. Are all routes checked each month for correctness? Because the old OMDB-EHAM route I am trying to replace does generate CFMU errors.

Robert-Jan

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

They are checked with the internal converter, but not with CFMU as CFMU check would generate so much traffic that the folks at Eurocontrol would obviously get angry. Keep in mind that vroute has close to 60.000 routes which makes it probably the largest such database in the virtual aviation world.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Posted
Posted

That makes sense. In that case I hope you don't mind if I delete/modify some routes that I come across that are refused by the CFMU. I usually check the route that I am going to fly against the CFMU.

Thanks for your efforts and looking forward to the new version

Robert-Jan

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Keep in mind that if the change in real world is so extensive that it affects your ability to fly the route, i.e. the airway name changes and your FMC would not accept it anymore, then vroute's internal converter will detect that. If the small is not significant, i.e. a route advisory docomeent recommending a different route or an airway becoming a CDR, then such problem won't be detected until you actually try to change the route.

When you submit modifications, please avoid deleting routes that only cause minor CFMU problem if you can't offer a good replacement / fix. At the end of the day, it's better to have a flyable route using a CDR than to have no route at all

Michal

vroute.net founder

Posted
Posted

Noted. I won't try to delete something if I can't replace it.

And don't worry, I am not going to start a incorrect route hunt