You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Im tired of X-squawkbox! Wont stay connected!

Stefano Rota 918979

Stefano Rota 918979
Posted
Posted

Hey Guys,

Ok, once again I think ive had it with X-Squawkbox and its stupid problems. LONG time ago I had this problem... First off my computers specs, as usually requested.

Imac 20"

2.3 ghz

2gb Ram

256 VRAM

250GB HD

MAC OSX 10.4.10

X-plane 8.64, and the plugin I downloaded was the latest one as I downloaded it back in December something, like december 15th or so 2007.

BEFORE all of this I had a simmilar or actually the same problem. I had the vatsim plugin, the xsquawk box one, and it worked well, then out of no where it started to bug, conect and then disconected every time you conected. It got so annoying I uninstalled Xplane, ALL OF IT, threw away all, and reinstalled, and downloaded everything, which includes this plugin (if you can call it such)

Any way, I did it and well, I got it to work a few times with no trouble but very rarely it disconected, , it worked long enough for a flight but then it disconected with no warning, then it became more and more common, veyr often!! Changing servers was not the solution! Now, a week ago its every m,inute or even every second it disconeccts and you have to reconect and sometimes it even wont connect. I get all kinds of stupid messages,

Invalid Callsign Yeah and 1 hour before I had it working

syntax error (4)

Unauthorized Client Software (16)

An error occured...... (WOW! very informative)

WARNING, I appreciate the effort from Ben and his many hours into this, none the less it fails to meet my expectations for the forementioned reasons, but as I said, i cant really complain)

Any way, whats the deal with this, its really frustrating. First off I find this plugin to be very simple and basic ( , and little complex, different from the IVAP plugin, which is more complex and nicer, but who care, I dont fly IVAO i Fly vatsim, what can I do. I think that this plugin should be improved and make it work better, cause so many people fly in VATSIM and this pligin is simply to archaic.

So, can anyone explain what I can do or what is going on? thankyou

PS: and its not my internet cause it works perfectly while im on Xplane....... im flying as we speak

EDIT: Ahh greattt a new one!!! the server you are connected to is not a vatsim server ahh nice!! sweet, its curious i was just connected to it, and my buddy who i was flying with is also connected to it! Interesting, the server is UP!

LAST, I wish I knew programing to help and program something that meets all of our expectations and timeframes, but I dont know any programing but I knwo MANY of the users here do, and could help. As ben said, its all up to the users to help this progress, etc

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Stefano,

I would try to help, but honestly, the tone of your message is so annoying, you make it feel like it's not worth the time to even try to help. I'll simply say that it is likely to be a local issue since everyone I know is able to remain indefinitely connected with xsquawkbox. Think before you post in the future if you are truly interested in getting help. Rants tend to remain unanswered.

Peter Larsen 885332
Posted
Posted

Xsquawkbox has disconneted me before in midflight.

It does happen.

3500.png

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Sure it does. I'm sure it happens on the PC Squawkbox and FSInn too.

Stefano, see my reply in this same thread on the X-plane.org forum.

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted
Xsquawkbox has disconneted me before in midflight.

It does happen.

Xsquawkbox has never disconnected from a server for me. The SERVER has restarted, disconnecting all users, but there is a difference between a server resetting, and a single client randomly disconnecting.