You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Come fly the friendly LOCAL skies of ZNY.

Nicholas Sollazzo 1040387

Nicholas Sollazzo 1040387
Posted
Posted

Over the past few nights and into the future, us ZNY S1s will be towering the non-majors around ZNY. The more likely to be manned ones are Trenton-Mercer (KTTN) which I will be manning myself a lot, Allentown (KABE) and it's split but sometimes we get a third spot going like Harrisburg (KMDT) or Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (KAVP).

These are some significant airports, ladies and gentlemen. Trenton has a 6000 foot runway so I can take Lears, Dash-8s, maybe a light 737 and the like, KABE can take 737s on their 7600 footer (had a 747 land there last night as a test though it was empty on fuel) and Harrisburg has a 10,000 foot runway that can take 747s.

So if you get tired of flying into KEWR or JFK or LGA or just want to visit some of those blips on the GPS with ICAO codes, come look us up; we could use the practice in controllering. And don't forget KPHL Delivery is on every night (EST) so drop us flight. ZNY is more than New York City.