You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Freq help plz

Jordan Webb 1024219

Jordan Webb 1024219
Posted
Posted

Hi I'm quite new to Vatsim and I am starting to learn how to connect!!! Lol!

However, I always start at Cardif ground and wondered who i should call and such....

Any help please guys??

cheers Jordan

Michael Wohry 919629
Posted
Posted

Hey Jordan!

If there is no active ATC around at Cardiff you should tune your COM1 Radio to the well known Unicom frequency 122.800 (text only frequency - you just write your intentions, e.g. EGFF Trf, BAW123 turning base for RWY 17).

If there is ATC at Cardiff, tune to his frequency and request a clearance and fly

All the best,

Michael

Vince Horan
Posted
Posted

If there is any ATC nearby, they will appear in your ATC list, e,g if Cardiff Tower EGFF_TWR is online, you will see EGFF_TWR (125.0) listed. Just set your com1 to 125.0 to listen in/speak.

If you are flying around the UK, you will find useful charts at www.ais.org.uk (free registration). Also have a look at the VATSIM-UK web site www.vatsim-uk.org

Vince Horan

UK DCRM, VATSIM Supervisor, Snr Controller

4003.png

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

Jordan,

If ATC is online at Cardiff it will probably be Wycliffe Barret or Dave Birch. You will not find two more helpful guys to help you along. If you have any questions just PM them on SB or FSInn and you'll get all the help you need.

Drew