You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Let's have some events around here.

Juhyun Park 1044978

Juhyun Park 1044978
Posted
Posted

Hi all. I'm posting this to suggest some ideas.

Everytime I visit the website, there's at least one big event that's going on in North America and Europe region, but almost none in asia(except Japan, only once a month though, and very late at night in Japanese or Korean time). I have hard time waking up early and flying these events in the morning(most certainly on weekends!!). I still wake up in time, and doesn't oppose to the times of the events. But the location is always in U.S., Canada, or European Countries. I understand many virtual airlines don't have many short and medium-haul routes in and out of asia(especially Korea and Southeast Asia), but I still think it's a great idea for a group flight or a fly-in. Don't you agree??

UAL5861.gif

VATKOR Division

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

To answer your post. I think it will take time for Event Coordinator to organize an event, this also includes of the availability of the controllers. You can't just ignore your daily responsibilities just to host an event right? Anyway, in that case that was my opinion. "Hosting a Fly-in isn't a pretty easy job." Just standby and you will see from us.

Hope that explains a couple of things.

Best Regards!

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Juhyun Park 1044978
Posted
Posted
To answer your post. I think it will take time for Event Coordinator to organize an event, this also includes of the availability of the controllers. You can't just ignore your daily responsibilities just to host an event right? Anyway, in that case that was my opinion. "Hosting a Fly-in isn't a pretty easy job." Just standby and you will see from us.

Hope that explains a couple of things.

Best Regards!

I perfectly understand. Just a suggestion though.

Cheers!!

UAL5861.gif

VATKOR Division

Jacky Yeung 939320
Posted
Posted

yup, you are right. We, Asia, is better to organise more events together to gain more traffics. Actually, Hong Kong is also active and we have regular ATC Full Staff Service on the 2nd Saturday of every months. Both local flight and international flight are welcome.

signature.png

Director, Foreign Affairs Department

System Engineer, Technical Supporting Department

Instructor, Air Traffic Management and Training Department

Hong Kong Virtual Area Control Center - VATSIM

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted

Most of the controller in Asia live in Asia so time-difference makes it very hard for simmers like me who live in Europe or Americas to get up early in the morning for an event. As for Shanghai, most of the events are held early in the morning at where I live but that is the best time to get traffic around. I'm more than happy to work for one single-event exclusively for European pilots or American pilots during times that are more favorable to them.

Alfred Tang (934809)

Director | Hong Kong VACC

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

All the thing you have to do is "Wait and see" I know pilots keeps looking for an event around by and then, but I think you shall have to consider some things when it comes to event. Why held an event if most of the controllers are busy isn't it? Anyway, as of events Please fly to Singapore this coming Saturdays 1100-1500z for the Singapore Airshow 2008 event your looking for!

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp