You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

LIPH Venice Treviso???

Graham Hall 811889

Graham Hall 811889
Posted
Posted

I am flying to Venice next month from Stanstead with Ryanair and will be flying into Treviso (LIPH) airport. For fun I wanted to fly the route myself but was surprised to find that no scenery or flight plans for such a flight exsist.

Lago do a great scenery for Venice but do not feature Treviso airport. Also the flight planner on the Vatsim Italy site only shows one flight into LIPH and that is from EHAM, nothing at all from the UK.

Anyone got any ideas why this commercial airport has been avoided in favour of Tessera Marco Polo airport?

Thanks

Graham

Chris Dobison 810929
Posted
Posted

Most likely because Ryanair being a low-cost carrier, use airports which charge less for landing/handling fees, therefore going for the lesser used airport. Easyjet are exactly the same. I heard Ryanair's advert when in Bournemouth for their new service to Barcelona/Gerona! Nowhere near lol...and last year I flew RYR from Stansted to Milan...well Bergamo!

Enjoy your trip Graham, Venice is supposed to be a wonderful city.

Chris

Chris Dobison

Vatsim Network Supervisor

21.png

Graham Hall 811889
Posted
Posted

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Maybe in the meantime some kind person at VACC Italy will punch an EGSS - LIPH flight plan into that wonderful flight planning tool EU Route, now that would really make me smile

Cheers

Graham

Jeroen Wenting 835249
Posted
Posted

I'm still waiting for Ryanair to start Caracas/Bonaire - StMaarten/StEustachius service

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

EGSS DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 KOK UM150 TGO UL607 ALGOI UM738 PITAR UN606 BZO UL12 VIC LIPH

635nm

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Graham Hall 811889
Posted
Posted

Thanks Trent that's great!

VACC Italy, any chance this could be put into your website datebase of EU Route?

Thanks again

Graham

Corrado Sinigoi 818540
Posted
Posted

Done, but the flightplan inserted is:

EGSS DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 ALGOI UM738 PITAR UN606 BZO UL12 VIC LIPH

since the flightplan proposed by Trent was invalid for the Eurocontrol flightplan checker (maybe it could be day-of-the-week-dependant).

Have a safe flight in Treviso!

Ciao,

Corrado

Corrado Sinigoi

818540.png

Graham Hall 811889
Posted
Posted

Corrado

Now I am smiling

Thanks VERY much

Graham

Xavier Van Nieuwenhuyse 81
Posted
Posted

Indeed the UM150 airway is available during weekends.

Xavier Van Nieuwenhuyse