You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Resignation as VACC-SAG director

Lars Eiberger 881012

Lars Eiberger 881012
Posted
Posted

Hello guys!

This this posting I announce my resignation as VACC-SAG director.

Everyone who takes a leeding position in such a big community like the VACC-SAG and has the intent to to lead the community in a specific, will meet with more or less criticism about the decision he made. In order not to lose the motivation you will set objectives, which you are trying to reach. The way to reach that obejectives will often be stony and you will have to suffer several setbacks. In order to bridge the dry spell you will have to bethink the fundament. The fundament are these things, which are already available and which should be kept up under all circomestances. If that fundament will be destroyed from above, but even more important from your own people, you will have to resign from your office and make it free for a successor.

One of the most important parts of my fundament is the quality of the ATC education and the all over all quality of the controllers. The ATC-TD and I have set the objective to improve the ATC education and with that the quality of the controllers. Additional to that set objective, the improvment of the already high ATC quality, we always agreed that under no circomestance we will lower the quality standards and the involved requirements for the controllers.

Based on the implementation of the VATSIM global rating policy, we got informed by VATEUD about the possibility that under certain conditions we can upgrade controllers by one rating without an Eurotest and a CPT. I know that we have controllers, which have shown in several CPTs that they are not yet ready for the next rating. I also know, that there are several controllers, which are just to lazy to do a CPT. Basically these two groups of controllers are the ones that will be affected by the rating upgrade, because they are also the controllers which staff the positions, which they according to the rating should not staff. With that knowledge I was sure that no one should get a higher rating without doing the appropriate CPT. I would have accepted that with that decision the the ATC coverage in the VACC-SAG would have declined.

The from this question resulting staff-decision, has majoritarian decided to report selected controllers to VATEUD for the rating upgrade. Personaly for me this decision destroyed a very important part of my fundament: the ATC eduaction and the involved quality of the controllers (especially the quality that is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with the rating).

I personally can not support this change, which moves quantity in front of quality. Also, as mentioned already above, one important part of my fundament and of that, where I stand for, is destroyed. For there reasons I open the position for someone, who will can support the new way in a better way than I do.

Lars Eiberger

VATSIM supervisor

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted

Salute!

Daniel Gustin 940540
Posted
Posted

Such strong words and a member full of dedication is resigning. I for one am speechless and all I can say is thank you and best of luck.

Daniel Gustin

VATEUD3 -Training Director Pilots

eud_logo.png

Come on kids! The more forum posts you have, the better!

• 2 weeks later...
Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Lars

This is such sad news.

I wish now that I'd spent more time reading the VATSIM Europe forum, perhaps I might have seen this earlier. I have to agree with much of what you say, I think the GRP is a retrograde step, that said I think as do many others in VATSIM UK feel that it is a workable policy.

The training dept in the UK is working hard to try and plug the gaps that you think might have opened up.

As a Severnair pilot who frequently flies across Europe and have been impressed by the standard of control I can only hope that your prediction of failing standards wont happen.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks