You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Suggested first UK internal flight ?

Dave Moreman 1048898

Dave Moreman 1048898
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for a first UK flight on VATSIM. I'm probably going to use a stock B737-800 as I find it the easiest to handle at the moment, and also I can definitely land it! I was thinking maybe I should stay away from EGLL , and was tending towards something like EGBB (or EGCC) to (EGPH or maybe EGPF). Is this a good idea?

best

Dave

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

EGPF to EGSS

alternatively if you like props, then EGPF-EGLC

Regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Dave Moreman 1048898
Posted
Posted

Hmmm - never tried EGSS. I'll have to look it up and have a go offline.

Sean Reedman
Posted
Posted

David

Any of the regionals would serve you well - as you say I'd keep away from Heathrow until you are happy with online flying and have done it a few times when its quiet -EGPF or EGPH are good for hops into EGBB/EGSS or EGGW - all nice and friendly ATC as well

Sean Reedman

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted

If coming down from PF/PH - good choices both - then for a first big-tin IFR its worth going that bit further to SS or GW since you'll get a decent bit of time in the cruise so you get the chance to calm the nerves down a bit and check your approach preparations without a panic. It'll still be done in less than hour which leaves plenty of time for celebration afterwards

Bill Casey