You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Coordinates RNAV waypoints QN

Andreas Fuchs

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi there!

I hope this question has not been answered here already....

Apparently the Navigraph AIRACs do not contain the RNAV WPTs for the RNAV procedures into Queenstown. I looked for them at the website of NZ's AIP, no joy.

Do you have a source where I can get the coordinates of these waypoints? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

Andreas what type of aircraft if it for the pmdg aircraft i can help

Regards,

Ray

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

Pacific Oceanic Partnership Admin

Have a question? Email [email protected]

spacer.png

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Andreas

Hello my friend.

Here's some links for you:

New Zealand SIDs and STARs for PMDG hosted by VATNZ. This file, completed by Ray Lang (thanks Ray) contains all the SIDs and STARs for PMDG for New Zealand as at FEB07.

For all the charts for Queenstown have a look at: http://www.vatnz.net/airport/NZQN and you will see links and information. As an aside, for any New Zealand airfield, you can replace the ICAO code at the end of that URL to get full charts and information on any airport or helipad in the New Zealand FIR.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hello Mark!

Thanks! I have downloaded the SIDSTAR-file for PMDG. I have copied the files into the directory ..\FS2004\FMCWP\NAVDATA\SIDSTARS\ but when I want to select a SID or an approach-transition for NZQN, the FMC does not give me any other option but select runway 05 or 23. For other airports it does work.

Also, the website where the PMDG-file is available, the instructions say

Make sure you read the readme.txt file before installing and install at your own risk.
but there is no such file in the ZIP

The charts for NZ I already got directly from NZ's AIP-website, so that's fine. We just need to figure out those waypoints. Do I understand it correctly that there's no official docomeent containing a list of *those* waypoints for the RNAV-approaches into QN?

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted
Hello Mark!

Thanks! I have downloaded the SIDSTAR-file for PMDG. I have copied the files into the directory ..\FS2004\FMCWP\NAVDATA\SIDSTARS\ but when I want to select a SID or an approach-transition for NZQN, the FMC does not give me any other option but select runway 05 or 23. For other airports it does work.

Andreas the sid and stars should go into fs9/pmdg/sidstars, that where mind are.

The sid & stars for NZQN PMDG do they have the zulu approaches, if not send me a email with your email address to [email protected] and I send them to you.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Ray,

there we go, I had copied the files to the wrong directory. Why, oh why, do the Navdata from Navigraph get copied to FMCWP\NAVDATA\SIDSTARS *and* PMDG\SIDSTARS ? Whatever, it works now, thanks so much for the help! Maybe for the next version a readme.txt for dummies like me

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted

Andreas good to see the sid and stars for NZQN shows up in the FMC of the PMDG a/c.

The NZQN file you have does it also has the sid departures and zulu arrivals for this airport

Under approach you will see the following APPROACH RNV05Z - APPROACH RNV23Z, these are the rnav

approaches into Queentown. If you have those approaches you have the latest NZQN.

You must have the latest AIRAC or you will get errors in the fmc when you input data.

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Ray Lang
Posted
Posted
Hi Ray,

I got AIRAC 0803 and the file that Mark had linked in his post. It does contain the normal RNAV-approaches only, version "Z" is missing.

Andreas send me a email with your email address via [email protected] and I send all the up to date sid & Stars for New Zealand to you

Ray Lang

Vatsim Senior Supervisor

spacer.png

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

I've uploaded the new file that Ray sent me today and written and included a readme. Same link as above.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand