You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Squawking

Philip Smith 997355

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

The reason is quite simple. At the beginning I did not have any kind of save/restore settings. So it was just convenient for me to have all values defaulted to LHCC .

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Philip Smith 997355
Posted
Posted

They are displayed, when connected properly.

• 1 year later...
Philip Smith 997355
Posted
Posted

Correlation, my dream come true. Thanks.

PD, I hate those FP flying arround.

Philip.

• 2 months later...
Nenad Grubanovic 1002068
Posted
Posted

Hello to all!

I have one question about squawk [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning in ES.

In VRC, when [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning a squawk, program gaves first free and returns to first when aircraft leaves area or disconnect from server. In Serbia, range for example Belgrade, LYBE is from 5330 to 5347. If I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign 5330 to one pilot and he leaves my airspace, VRC will give again 5330 to next pilot.

I don't see that ES do the same thing and i wonder is it because i didn't set it well or what?

Thanks in advance

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted
In VRC, when [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning a squawk, program gaves first free and returns to first when aircraft leaves area or disconnect from server. In Serbia, range for example Belgrade, LYBE is from 5330 to 5347. If I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign 5330 to one pilot and he leaves my airspace, VRC will give again 5330 to next pilot.

That's very interesting; I do not remember VRC doing that. Here is what the VRC manual says:

Note that if you allow VRC to automatically choose the squawk code (this is the most common method) then a code will be chosen from the range specified in your POF file, but VRC will automatically skip over any codes that have already been [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to aircraft within range (by you or any other controller) as well as codes that are already being squawked by aircraft within range. VRC keeps track of the last code that it [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned from your code range, and uses the codes in order until reaching the end of the range, then starts from the beginning again.

So, once the plane squawking 4000 is out of my visibility range, and I have gone through all of the squawk codes in my range, my next aircraft would get code 4000. Or, the next time I start VRC, again we start at the beginning, at 4000.

Anyway, that's a question for the VRC section of the forums, and I know I have been away from VRC for some time now, and I could easily be wrong, so we move on!

I don't see that ES do the same thing and i wonder is it because i didn't set it well or what?

Actually, let me answer this by talking about VRC again! VRC has the following setting available:

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign Squawwk [sic] Codes In Random Order

If this option is checked, squawk codes will be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to aircraft from your range at random. This can help prevent duplicate squawk code [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments among controllers sharing the same code range.

In VRC, this behavior can be turned off or on. In EuroScope, this behavior is turned on.

So, there is the answer! Once again, we see a good example of how I can easily turn a basic question into a long answer. Where will I strike next?!?!?

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Then a short(er) answer: EuroSope can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the squawk automatically from a predefined range. In ordered way or randomly depending on the settings. The range is defined in the POSITIONS section of the ESE file but you can manually override it. EuroScope does not issue squawks that are [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned or just used by a pilot (without [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment), and if you have simulated data enabled then it checks all aircraft that are not in your range too.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Nenad Grubanovic 1002068
Posted
Posted

Ok, thanks for your replies.

I made a mistake about VRC but i had situation for first time that I was out of squawk codes because my ACC sector has only one octal and rest is on airports and that night I was alone on LYBA_CTR. Later I changed in my .ESE file and added more codes for that position.

It can be a hint for ES versions to come, to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign first free squawk code.

Cheers!