You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ZLA Pilot Cert program, 1000 down...

Keith Smith

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

The ZLA Pilot Cert Center is pleased to announce the 1000th test result from the program.

David Baker 1004102
Posted
Posted
The ZLA Pilot Cert Center is pleased to announce the 1000th test result from the program.

And the result is the 999th fail.

Sorry couldn't help it.

In all seriousness. Congrats to ZLA and all the pilots involved in this noble pursuit.

ZMP_BD

MITRE OP1 survivor

Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted

Way to go ZLA!!

Controllers have feelings too...

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Nicely done indeed. Thanks to all involved who have made this program a success. The big question is whether or not this program has made pilots any better...that is of course the goal. I'd say it certainly has. The pilots who visit our skies regularly, and progress through the program certainly seem to be FAR more proficient pilots in all aspects. Good stuff!

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Andrew Rogers 913862
Posted
Posted
Nicely done indeed. Thanks to all involved who have made this program a success. The big question is whether or not this program has made pilots any better...that is of course the goal. I'd say it certainly has. The pilots who visit our skies regularly, and progress through the program certainly seem to be FAR more proficient pilots in all aspects. Good stuff!

Bryan are you telling me that I am not an awsome pilot in my choice plane..... well thats the last time I fly to LA....mumble muble....

Sorry just had to

Andrew Rogers

Senior Controller -HCF

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

How do I get a rating like others pilot have??

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Mike Cassel 849958
Posted
Posted

You can find out all about the ZLA pilot certification initiative here: http://pilotcerts.laartcc.org/page/Home

CS13_Sig_E.jpg

Timothy Salamon 995912
Posted
Posted

I finished my I9 last night so I thought it might have been me, but I saw today on the site that it went to one of my fellow ZAU controllers! Congrats all the same to ZLA and all the pilots this program has helped. I truly believe that these certs are producing better VATSIM pilots every day, which helps this network out immensely.

Timmeh! (ST)

ZLA S3

N316BT, PAY7423, SWA6309, UPS431

61.png

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted
Bryan are you telling me that I am not an awsome pilot in my choice plane..... well thats the last time I fly to LA....mumble muble....

Sorry just had to

Yes..no...NO! I didn't say that! Wait a minute...

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Mike Cassel 849958
Posted
Posted

Sorry just had to

Yes..no...NO! I didn't say that! Wait a minute...

Bryan, put down the bottle. It isn't good for you. Wait, you already lost it once and that didn't work out so well did it?

CS13_Sig_E.jpg

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Romano,

I'm not sure why you're rolling your eyes. A link to the site was included in the announcement itself, and was also in my signature. If you read the site and follow the instructions, all will become clear.

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Keith,

I got it now thanks, I was only confused how does thing works and how do I take the test but I think that was over already, Im now planning when to take the 1st test for my rating.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted (edited)
Keith,

I got it now thanks, I was only confused how does thing works and how do I take the test but I think that was over already, Im now planning when to take the 1st test for my rating.

Hopefully the home page, overview and FAQ cleared up any mystery. I see the Shez just p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed you for the V-1, so it sounds like you're on your way!

Edited by Guest

Richard Dobbs 998700
Posted
Posted

Oh for sure, i'm a better Pilot - and i'ts all jolly good fun as well. (Especially listening to Keith's Sunday night sarcasm)

998700.png

CZYZ FIR/VATCAN4 - VATCAN DCRM/CZYZ FIR Chief (Retd)/ZLA Pilot Rating I9/CVA1409/RW Private Pilot

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

Keith - this was a great initiative on your part.

The ZLA Pilot Certification program has been a LOT of fun to administer from the controller perspective. Most of the pilots challenging for the ratings were very interested in doing things correctly, and it was nice to see many of them turning out to be better pilots in the end. The other positive side effects I saw were people being introduced to ZLA airspace (and realizing it isn't such a bad place to fly) and also gaining interest in small aircraft IFR/VFR operations.

As a Vatsim Pilot - taking the ratings was a lot of fun too. I hold no real world ratings, but with 3000+ hours flying on Vatsim (and god knows how many on Satco) I am always looking to learn new things. Even as a long time/high hour ZLA pilot - there is always something new. The certifications, transcripts, maps, explanations, and other resources available for each of the ratings makes the entire process worthwile - and a LOT OF FUN.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Ian.

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles