You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatame Resources a Question

Leslie Jarrett 913775

Leslie Jarrett 913775
Posted
Posted

The VATAME area covers many countries, firs , vacc's and airports etc. Each of which ideally and potentially could be covered by some form of ATC. My question is about ATC resources therefore.

Does anybody know of how much of the VATAME area has a full set of appropriate atc sector files from TWR up CTR ?.

If the area is not covered 100% then we as a group should prioritise an effort to bring this upto 100% as soon as possible.

Ifyou have 100% of the resources for ATC controllers to download then you may or should get more coverage rather than the 'HOT-SPOTS' where there are complete sector files. This will improve the traffic in VATAME as pilots will have more choice of where to fly to and from in any given time slot.

In my obvious example FIMP there are no downloads in the VATAME website for any sector files. Daniel says he has got one and I got one from the Mauritius IVAO site - sorry but I found one on their site, yet nothing in VATAME itself.

How to handle this - I will compile a spreadsheet of the VATAME Countries and their FIR and set up a table i.e.

COUNTRY FIR AIRPORT SECTOR FILES

MAURITIUIS FIMM FIMP *NONE*

FIMR * NONE*

and so on and present it by e-mail to the VATAME leaders for discussion.

Only those files 'as seen' on various official VATAME websities and divisions will be noted , private collections will not be collated.

7628.png

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

Hi Leslie,

Boy are you enthusiastic about VATAME.

Sector files for the Middle-East are hosted by the Home vACC's website.

Generally speaking, you only need the one Sector file to cover all positions. Well we do at VATUAE anyway.

Cheers

955672.png

Leslie Jarrett 913775
Posted
Posted

I wish to give VATAME 100% support in what plans they have for the future. My suggestions and comments are not designed to critiicise or there has been any intention to undervalue the excellent effort put in from all concerned so far.

Regarding sector files , my experience of them is that often the larger area ones are ok if controlling airspace but lack detail if TWr controlling only. With the new ratings policy it seems a good thing to have detailed TWR files so that the S1 students will have something to use with comfort when operating a TWR position.

7628.png

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

Leslie may I suggest you control, or at least start in a more established division such as VATSAF, VATIL or VATME. I made a sector file for Mauritius and made a crib sheet but it really isn't a place to start.

vatme-sig.jpg

Leslie Jarrett 913775
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the comment I felt that Mauritius was a good place to start in my opinion as it is a fairly simple airport , Yes however it may make some sense to also work within an established division so I have joined VATSAF as my favorite airline Air Mauritius flies there. Anyway there would be a loyto f work to get FIMP up and running as well as a viable area.

Could you still send me the files anyway as I would like to see them .

7628.png

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

Try VATDRC. Running Kinshasa,Brazzaville,Lusaka FIRs. They have opened Windhoek,Luanda,Gaborone before and I did see Accra Center online the past two weeks. There is a sectorfile for Accra which I have. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the other centers have sectorfiles too. Im starting training in Lagos on Saturday hopefully.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png