You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

laptops + fs9

Anthony Belton-Ford 102141

Anthony Belton-Ford 102141
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone , just a quick question that has the potential to turn into a long one.

What kind of laptop do i need to run flight simulater 2004 , in the price range of 400-600 pounds ? .

My current comp is no good 1.72 Ghz intem pentium 4 786 mb of ram 256 mb memory NDVIA440.0MX , that making my fs lag a lot . i also need a laptop for school work not just for flight sim so any tips/help.[/b]

Helmand Safi 879278
Posted
Posted

Get anything but a Sony Viao because they're not built for gaming. I bought this laptop (not for FS9 though) and found that it has a really bad graphics card. However the rest of the features are excellent so I only use my laptop for school work, and my desktop for FS9.

Ka Iao Leong 982332
Posted
Posted

Hi Anthony, I used to have a NEC Versa S1000 which was 3 years old and had 1,3GHz CPU + 64Mb ATI graphic card and got about 15 FPS with aerosoft heathrow 2008 which was quite good.

And now I just bought the Dell inspiron 1520 for 650 pounds , it is 2GHz, Duo core , 256 Mb nvidia graphic and gives constant 30+ FPS which is excellent.

i think the most important thing is to look for laptop with a graphic card but not those with on-board graphics or shared graphic memory. any machine with graphic card of more than 128Mb will be good enough for fs9 in general.