You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

COPX question in the ese files

Chris Makris

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

I have a question regarding the COPX sector in ese file.

Greek FIR is sectorised as follows

Athens Control:Athens Control:129.800:66:C:LGGG:CTR:-:-:7230:7277

Makedonia Control:Makedonia Control:125.900:6N:C:LGMD:CTR:-:-:7230:7277

Athens Control West:Athina West:124.900:6W:W:LGGW:CTR:-:-:7230:7277

Athens Control South:Athena South:124.500:6S:S:LGGS:CTR:-:-:7230:7277

These are declared at the sector as

SECTOR:ATH_EAS:0:60000

OWNER:66:24

BORDER:ATH_EAST_SCL

SECTOR:MAK_CTR:0:60000

OWNER:6N:66:24

BORDER:MAKEDONIA_CTR_SCL

SECTOR:ATH_WES:0:60000

OWNER:6W:66

BORDER:ATH_WEST_SCL

SECTOR:ATH_SOU:0:60000

OWNER:6S:6W:66

BORDER:ATH_SOUTH_SCL

SECTOR:ATH_APP:0:24500

OWNER:1A

BORDER:ATHENS_APP_SCL

SECTOR:ATH_DEP:0:24500

OWNER:1D:1A

As it can be seen LGGG_CTR is basicaly the ATH_EAS sector when all other sectors are online.

On the question now. I have declared all FIR_COPX and are working fine but I seem to have a problem with COPX for the LGAV. I have declared the following. The first 12 entries are for the arrivals depending from which sector and which fix the aircraft arrives. With the following entries even if I am loged in as a LGGG_CTR shouldn't the COPX point appears at the datatag? For example I am loged in as LGGG_CTR with an ID 66 and aircraft has an arrival airport LGAV and LGAV_APP (ID 1A) is online. If the entry point at the TMA is Nemes this shouldn't be appear on Datatag?

COPX:LGAV:*:ABLON:*:*:MAK_CTR:ATH_APP:*:*:ABLON

COPX:LGAV:*:XORKI:*:*:MAK_CTR:ATH_APP:*:*:XORKI

COPX:LGAV:*:KEPIR:*:*:MAK_CTR:ATH_APP:*:*:KEPIR

COPX:LGAV:*:NEVRA:*:*:MAK_CTR:ATH_APP:*:*:NEVRA

COPX:LGAV:*:PIKAD:*:*:ATH_WES:ATH_APP:*:*:PIKAD

COPX:LGAV:*:RILIN:*:*:ATH_WES:ATH_APP:*:*:RILIN

COPX:LGAV:*:NEMES:*:*:ATH_WES:ATH_APP:*:*:NEMES

COPX:LGAV:*:ASTOV:*:*:ATH_WES:ATH_APP:*:*:ASTOV

COPX:LGAV:*:VARIX:*:*:ATH_EAS:ATH_APP:*:*:VARIX

COPX:LGAV:*:VELOP:*:*:ATH_SOU:ATH_APP:*:*:VELOP

COPX:LGAV:*:BADEL:*:*:ATH_SOU:ATH_APP:*:*:BADEL

COPX:LGAV:*:SOREV:*:*:ATH_SOU:ATH_APP:*:*:SOREV

Finaly the below entries are correct? This is again for LGAV but in this case for departures if departure is online, this also covers the posibility when only APP is handling both approach and departure traffic or do I need to add also that? The APP and DEP sectors are shwon above

COPX:LGAV:*:ABLON:*:*:ATH_DEP:MAK_CTR:*:*:ABLON

COPX:LGAV:*:XORKI:*:*:ATH_DEP:MAK_CTR:*:*:XORKI

COPX:LGAV:*:KEPIR:*:*:ATH_DEP:MAK_CTR:*:*:KEPIR

COPX:LGAV:*:NEVRA:*:*:ATH_DEP:MAK_CTR:*:*:NEVRA

COPX:LGAV:*:PIKAD:*:*:ATH_DEP:ATH_WES:*:*:PIKAD

COPX:LGAV:*:RILIN:*:*:ATH_DEP:ATH_WES:*:*:RILIN

COPX:LGAV:*:NEMES:*:*:ATH_DEP:ATH_WES:*:*:NEMES

COPX:LGAV:*:ASTOV:*:*:ATH_DEP:ATH_WES:*:*:ASTOV

COPX:LGAV:*:VARIX:*:*:ATH_DEP:ATH_EAS:*:*:VARIX

COPX:LGAV:*:VELOP:*:*:ATH_DEP:ATH_SOU:*:*:VELOP

COPX:LGAV:*:BADEL:*:*:ATH_DEP:ATH_SOU:*:*:BADEL

COPX:LGAV:*:SOREV:*:*:ATH_DEP:ATH_SOU:*:*:SOREV

Thx in advance

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Why did You specify LGAV as departure airport for COPX used for arrivals? That might probably be the problem.

Concerning your second question, you specify the sector, not the controller, so it makes no difference whether APP or DEP controls the sector.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Chris, Stephan is right. Check again the *.ese deffinition for FIR_COPX/COPX. You have specified dep. airfiled for arriving sector.

Also what data-tag are you using. If you have build one, check to see if you have choosen FIR_COPX or COPX in it Not every build-in data tag has them both also

SECTOR:ATH_DEP:0:24500

OWNER:1D:1A => this is enough, for your second part.

P.S. One design tip, don't make your border lines one, make them seperate for every neighbour sector, so you can make every part display in case of neighbouring secotor comes online. If you wish of course

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Oupssss You are correct about the ese... RTFM and copy paste did the damage

I am using the Eurocat Tag.

Todor,

Regarding the tip this is what I am doing, if I understood correctly. For example if I am Athens Control and Sofia comes on line the boundaries of Greece and Sofia control will lit.

BTW I dl your sector file and take a look. You haven't included Makedonia Control LGMD_CTR which is the north control. So if he log in as LGMD_CTR you won't be able to see the sector boundaries. You can take a look at my first post in this thread to see exactly the names.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

No we have a new full package files just haven't load them(I'm ready with it). They have full sector simulation, in Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Serbia and Romania. Will send them if you wish.

And yes that is the point

About Eurocat Tag, it shows Sector entry/exit point so you should see the COPX

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Another question...

Up to now I have finished LGAV/LGRP/LGTS including the COPX section. I have a strange think happening at LGAV. Althought the syntaax is exactly the same as the other two airports the COPX does not work. Furthermore aircrafts shic are departing from LGAV on the route draw does not show the first waypoint.

For example FP SOREV UA10 MIL UL607 OTIKO. Drawing the route is shows as first point the MIL VOR and not SOREV which is the exit point from the TMA. Any idea why this might happen?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Send me the file on the e-mail I send you the Bulgarian files.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Problem found. LGAV is missing in the ICAO.txt file from FSNavigator. In these case ES is missing the first point of the route and actually is taking the second (COPX) point as first , and ES doesn't show the first point. Adding the LGAV in the ICAO.txt is fixing the problem.

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Todor,

That is what I have also seen. But there are are two ICAO.txt files. One ICAO.txt which LGAV was missing and LGAT was there and one ICAO_Airports.txt which LGAV was there.

The ICAO_airports.txt is loaded by "Load ICAO Airports data : data file to decode ICAO airport codes (ICAO_Airports.txt)"

From where I can load the ICAO.txt file to read the changes, because I have modified the ICAO.TXT with LGAV but the problem is still there.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

ICAO.txt should be load with loading AIRWAY.txt from FSNavigator. ICAO_Airport.txt is a file to show you the full name of the airport in ES instead of icao code. As far as I'm aware it is not used for anything else.

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately the ICAO.txt is not loading with the airways.txt, as it seems. I have send an email to Gergely and hope I ll have an answer soon...

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Chris,

ICAO.txt should be loaded along with the AIRWAY.txt as Todor said. I know that there are some problems in the code when you reload, but if you leave and restart ES it will load it just fine. It is a shame on Navigraph that LGAV is missing from the ICAO.txt file, but adding the following line helps:

LGAV 37.921830 023.934670 Eleftherios Venizelos

Be sure to put TAB characters as separators between all elements.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Tahnk you,

I was using spaces instead of TAB on the LGAV, that was the problem... Everything in now fixed